Options

Cheapest/fastest way for 50 CEU in a month?

relegatedrelegated Member Posts: 81 ■■■□□□□□□□
My Security+ expires next month, I know there a bunch of options but wondering what the easiest/cheapest/fastest way to do this would be. I know they have their CertMaster thing for $200, I could get my CASP ($440) or CISSP ($700) but I don't really want to try and take either of these in a month. I could try for the CISSP which I have studied for in the past and never took but would rather just renew.

Any free things I could do just to renew for now within the next month?

Comments

• Options
    Infosec_SamInfosec_Sam Admin Posts: 527 Admin
    I don't know of any free way to renew your cert, but it might be worth a shot to email CompTIA to see if they'd give you an extension if you schedule a test for 2 months from now. The CySA+ and PenTest+ both renew the Sec+, if you'd prefer to take one of those over the CASP+ within the next month or two. Then, once you get around to taking the CASP+, it will renew everything below it. Those would both be $350, so definitely not free. I'm sure there would be some knowledge carry-over from the time you've spent studying the CISSP, but probably not enough to just take a shot at another CompTIA exam.
    Community Manager at Infosec!
    Who we are | What we do
  • Options
    tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Take 50 webinars. Just kill a weekend. I've also used Cybrary training (free) to renew certifications. I believe there's a thread on TechExams that lists free and paid options.
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Check out Cybrary, as @tedjames mentioned.  They have an agreement with CompTIA (if you conduct a search using CompTIA and Cybrary you should find the link on CompTIA's site).
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Options
    I have time at work I can use to do it, I have used Cybrary in the past, guess I will be watching a lot of video over the next month.
  • Options
    Hah good news, I passed the Cisco CyberOps last year which satisfies the requirements. 
  • Options
    thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Sounds like you have it solved, but the Certmaster course only took me about 3.5 hours to go through.  For me, 3.5 hours and paying $199 beats 50 hours and paying $0 any day of the week.
  • Options
    itorianitorian Member Posts: 6 ■■■□□□□□□□
    IF you work for any DOD base or a veteran, I highly recommend the below:
    https://fedvte.usalearning.gov/main.php

Its free and not so hard to get those CEUs.
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Free seminars/ if you are on a gov contract you can go to fedvte and get it that way..
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    Johnhe0414Johnhe0414 Registered Users Posts: 191 ■■■■■□□□□□
    thomas_ said:
    Sounds like you have it solved, but the Certmaster course only took me about 3.5 hours to go through.  For me, 3.5 hours and paying $199 beats 50 hours and paying $0 any day of the week.
    This.....

I did the same thing but maybe took a little longer.
    Current: Network+ | Project+ 
    Working on: PMP