Options

vlan question

alimoealimoe Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Which of the following statements describes a VLAN?

xxxxxx [edited by Webmaster: please do not post complete multiple choice questions of other sites in this forum, they are usually copyright protected]

Now can someone answer this question for me?? I selected all the answers but it was only A,B,C that was correct. I was pretty sure VLAN members couldn't be a member of another VLAN. Can somone enlighten me on this??

Comments

• Options
    sanjanasanjana Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Actually only A,B,C are correct.Truely speaking VLAN is dry topic.We have to read twoce or thrice to get the concept.

The members in one Vlan cannot be a member of another VLAN.The concept of VLANS r to have multiple broadcasts at layer-2 level.Here we actually provide security in doing this.If member of one VLAn is member of other VLAN then there is no way of security.

We can have members of VLAN on any switch port by assigning membership statically or dynamically.
  • Options
    alimoealimoe Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That's exactly what I meant.. VLAN members cannot be a member of a nother VLAN. The question was what describes a VLAN? So why wouldn't this be on of the options??[/quote]