Options

passed OS

slayer3slayer3 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just passed the OS portion with a 704 and now I'm A+ certified. The OS to me was harder than the hardware portion. I didn't expect 100 questions, but some of them seemed geared toward the new A+ objectives to be released later this year. For example I had several with helpdesk situations and workplace ethics. Didn't expect those but they seemed easy to answer. Time to take a week off and on to Network+.

Comments

• Options
    sharptechsharptech Member Posts: 492 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Slayer!

I had a lot of those "ethic" questions as well- one I had was

"If you saw a co-worker using a program to download MP3's what would you do"

the 2 answers that it COULD of been were:

1. Tell your supervisor

2. Tell the co-worker to uninstall it...

other two were not valid- which one is it? I put - tell co-worker to uninstall- not sure if thats what they wanted though lol icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats on the pass!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    elathropelathrop Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Everybody gets some surprises on these exams. No matter how hard we all work at giving one another a heads up, there just must be about a million (That's Mega for us A+ certified techs!) different tests! One thing we know for sure, though: We don't have to take THAT test again!

Great score, you definitely deserve a big congratulations.

So, Congratulations!
    Webmaster for calendardaze.com ezcalculator.com and digitizedvideo.com
  • Options
    KyzaKyza Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, good stuff! icon_cool.gif,

Kyza.
    Don't mess around - just do it!
  • Options
    saddlebagssaddlebags Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CSRTech wrote:
    Congrats Slayer!

I had a lot of those "ethic" questions as well- one I had was

"If you saw a co-worker using a program to download MP3's what would you do"

the 2 answers that it COULD of been were:

1. Tell your supervisor

2. Tell the co-worker to uninstall it...

other two were not valid- which one is it? I put - tell co-worker to uninstall- not sure if thats what they wanted though lol icon_cool.gif

Would you be marked on questions like this. I dont think they have anything to do with what you are studying so it wouldnt be right if you failed because of questions like this.
  • Options
    supertechCETmasupertechCETma Member Posts: 377
    This is how CompTIA gets around having to beta any new exams. They simply include a few "unscored" questions on everybodys exam and that way they are able to collect the data they would otherwise collect from a beta exam.

Think of it as an on-going beta exam that they don't have to give you a discount for. icon_cool.gif
    Electronic Technicians Association-International www.eta-i.org
    The Fiber Optic Association www.thefoa.org
    Home Acoustics Alliance® http://www.homeacoustics.net/
    Imaging Science Foundation http://www.imagingscience.com/
  • Options
    jetdynamicsjetdynamics Member Posts: 129
    Congratulations!!!

Good thing you gave us Idea what would be the exam look like coz I also took A+ Core exam last May and passed it but its got a 100 questions now it seems to be that they are trying throw now those beta questions..And now im studying for OS hopefully I'll take that on last week of June or first week of July...