Webinar - The Path From MSP to MSSP: Diversifying to Gain Competitive Advantage

Infosec_SamInfosec_Sam Admin Posts: 527 Admin
edited April 2019 in Educational Resources
There has been a recent shift in the Managed Service Provider (MSP) field. More and more MSPs are making the transition to becoming Managed Security Service Providers (MSSPs). As security becomes more and more complex, SMBs are relying on their MSP partners to both build and secure their IT infrastructure.

Join Infosec as we discuss:
  • Security-related growth opportunities for MSP
  • Why your clients need managed security services
  • How to train and prepare your team for the MSP to MSSP transition
Are you interested in learning how to integrate security services into an MSP model? Would you like to win a sweet Leatherman Wave Multi Tool? Join us on May 15th!

Register now »
Community Manager at Infosec!
Who we are | What we do
Tagged:

Comments

• iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□

* By checking the (required) box  and providing your information, you agree that Spiceworks can:

- Contact you to coordinate the event.

- Provide your information to Infosec

- Infosec can use your information to reach out to you about products, services, exclusive offers and special events.

By registering for this live event, you are ALSO automatically entered into the Sweepstakes. The rules are HERE

To read more about how Infosec may use your information, read Infosec’s privacy policy.

*Denotes required.
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • Infosec_SamInfosec_Sam Admin Posts: 527 Admin
    edited April 2019
    iBrokeIT said:

* By checking the (required) box  and providing your information, you agree that Spiceworks can:

- Contact you to coordinate the event.

- Provide your information to Infosec

- Infosec can use your information to reach out to you about products, services, exclusive offers and special events.

By registering for this live event, you are ALSO automatically entered into the Sweepstakes. The rules are HERE

To read more about how Infosec may use your information, read Infosec’s privacy policy.

*Denotes required.
    In case there's some confusion as to what this means, Spiceworks will email you a calendar invite to the event, along with passing that information to us at Infosec. We will then be contacting attendees to let them know about our channel partner program, where we help MSSPs provide security awareness training to their clients using our Infosec IQ platform. If that's not really your jam, we've been putting recent webinars on our YouTube channel a few days after they air. That way, you can still watch the VoD whenever it's convenient for you.

If there's any questions, please feel free to reach out to me!
    Who we are | What we do
  • iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Infosec_Sam said:

If that's not really your jam, we've been putting recent webinars on our YouTube channel a few days after they air. That way, you can still watch the VoD whenever it's convenient for you.

That's great news Sam and really appreciated.  I understand your companies need to monetize in some form to keep the site running.

I think it's also important to realize that practitioners in this field get bombarded with cold calls from vendors.  It has gotten to the point where I place my phone on DND and only answer if it is an internal call or vendor support from a ticket I opened.  I probably average around 20-30 calls a week.  So when I see that it is mandatory to give my work email and work phone number, that'll be a hard no from me unless I am 100% sure I will be purchasing the product from that company (rare).
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • Infosec_SamInfosec_Sam Admin Posts: 527 Admin
    Understandable! We really do try to provide value through these webinars, while also using them as a tool to get our name out there as a player in the space. As you could probably imagine, we tend to see a much more positive response from people who have heard of us before, rather than straight cold calls.
    Who we are | What we do