Options

Bombed

lozstlouislozstlouis Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
Took XP exam today and bombed. 654. Really can't get my arse in gear with this. Hard working all day, 3 kids & a wife at home. Tips?

Comments

• Options
    frankj1247frankj1247 Member Posts: 111
    Hey,

CBT Nuggets and TestOut. I like both of these products, especially because I can reinforce everything visual that I have read. In addition, after a long day when you don't feel like reading you can just sit down with your favorite bowl of ice cream, watch a video, relax and learn at the same time.

-Frank
  • Options
    LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
    /agree

Get yourself some cert training videos, buy a good pair of headphones, sit back and learn! :D
  • Options
    BF2MadBF2Mad Member Posts: 171
    I got a score nearly the same on my first go, got over 800 2 weeks later just from covering my weak areas
  • Options
    elover_jmelover_jm Member Posts: 349
    I used "Exam Cram2"

hey i also failed at first attempt. the key for you now is to study very hard on the areas you did weak on and reinforce those areas u might have done good on and you should be aight.

Good luck on your next attempt........You'll pass it
    icon_thumright.gif
    stonecold26.jpg
  • Options
    KAEW 1KAEW 1 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    icon_confused.gif
    HI there,

Don't feel too sad . Try again and you will win. I am also study and practice while kids and husband get out of the house. That is only my time to concentrate to the exams. Sometimes I feel very scarely because I practice alone in my own lab at the house and no one help share when I came across the problem
  • Options
    thanks for the chin ups guys. Am going to get some hardcore cramming in. Have got my free 2nd shot and booked it for 26th. Got to crack it this time. Also doing the Exchange lessons for the MCSE so another 8 exams after this one i think!!! Keep those 2nd shots coming!
  • Options
    All the best mate, if you need any help feel free to post here.

Also, make sure you let us know how you get on !
  • Options
    Am sat in my MCSE class right now doing GPO. Tutor dealing with an "issue". Feeling better about taking exam again on 26th now. The bar charts on my exam postmortem only show weakness in one area so need to cram that one.
  • Options
    You will be fine next time mate, trust
  • Options
    solo79solo79 Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think the certifications are harder once you have responsibilities at home, but you will do it. Pick yourself up, try something else, you weren't very far off. I failed one of my tests by 21 points. Talk about being mad... icon_twisted.gif but I got back on the horse took it again and passed.

The good news is now you know where to focus your studying for the 2nd shot. Good Luck.
    Finally ALL Done!!!!!!! MCSE:Messaging - Task Complete
  • Options
    Retake 2moro (Monday) at 10.30 BST...

Reading everything i can get my hands on today. & it is the England game tonight. Bad timing. Doh.
  • Options
    SpurSpur Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Wish you the best of luck! You can do it!! :)
  • Options
    SWMSWM Member Posts: 287
    Watch out for the seconds shots. I'm sure I read that they expire at the end of June. Good luck on your next attempt. I also failed the XP exam on my first go, but past it 2 days later.
    Isn't Bill such a Great Guy!!!!
  • Options
    Passed this time. 842. Feels much better! Booked 70-290 for 20th July. Clocks ticking...
  • Options
    SWMSWM Member Posts: 287
    Well done. I had the same approach. Book the exam and then you have to study!!!!
    Isn't Bill such a Great Guy!!!!
  • Options
    Its a kick up the arse to get on with it. I am a bit itchy to get my activation code but hear it takes ages. this true?
  • Options
    SpurSpur Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! :) I got my code after two days
  • Options
    whats on the site anyway?
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    SWM wrote:
    Watch out for the seconds shots. I'm sure I read that they expire at the end of June. Good luck on your next attempt. I also failed the XP exam on my first go, but past it 2 days later.

The first attempt expired, but if you failed an MS test that you registered for the 2nd shot, you have until the end of this month (July) to retake.