CISSP Exam in 1 Month

X5c0rX5c0r Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey everyone,

I found out two weeks ago that my employer is paying for a CISSP boot camp and once that is completed I get a voucher for the exam.  I have wanted to sit for CISSP for years and have been involved with Information/Cybersecurity for 8 years.  I have looked at the most recent posts here but wanted personal tips or info on your experience; things to watch out for, mental tricks, etc. I have included my background below in addition to my preparation leading to the exam.

Background: B.S. Computer Information Science (2010), CompTIA Network+ CE (2016), Security+ CE (2016), M.S. Cybersecurity (2017). 

Prep: I have read the CISSP 11th Hour book by Syngress/Eric Conrad back in March as a sort of introduction before I even planned on taking it.  Last week I completed the Kelly Handerhan Cybrary CISSP video course. Now I am about to finish CISSP Study Guide by Syngress/Eric Conrad which is the full book.  I have just ordered the Sybex book with practice exams off Amazon and will work on that next week.  The following week of May 20-25 is the boot camp.  After that I plan to re-read the 11th Hour and sit for the exam June 4 if the slot is still open. I am a bit weary on using practice exams since everyone says they are oversimplified but I think it will help solidify any weaker concepts.  I know its not about memorization like CompTIA certs.

Comments

• NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Someone can correct me, but from what I've seen doesn't most Masters programs in Security programs have at least one class where they go over a lot of topics of what is on the CISSP exam?   Throw in you've already watched the Cybrary videos, almost completed the Study Guide book, and have a boot camp scheduled in a couple weeks...  I hope you got this!   :p

"plan to re-read the 11th Hour and sit for the exam June 4 if the slot is still open"   Why not schedule it now?  
  • Infosec_SamInfosec_Sam Admin Posts: 527 Admin
    I can't speak to the Master's program, but I did notice you found @Abhinav Viswambharan's thread about passing in 7.5 weeks. It looks like you prepared in a similar way, so I'd bet that if you kept up the pace until your June 4 exam date, you'd be just fine! If you get nervous, there are a ton of other threads that give great rundowns of how to get into the right head space for the exam and how it went.
    Community Manager at Infosec!
    Who we are | What we do
  • X5c0rX5c0r Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Someone can correct me, but from what I've seen doesn't most Masters programs in Security programs have at least one class where they go over a lot of topics of what is on the CISSP exam?   Throw in you've already watched the Cybrary videos, almost completed the Study Guide book, and have a boot camp scheduled in a couple weeks...  I hope you got this!   :p

"plan to re-read the 11th Hour and sit for the exam June 4 if the slot is still open"   Why not schedule it now?  
    Id like to schedule it now but I get the free voucher code after the boot camp.