Preparation for CCSP

scascscasc Posts: 226Member ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi all - had a quick question to ask. Have been reading the CCSK v4 guidance in order to attend the exam. Have also purchased and going through the Boson CCSP exam questions. I wanted to ask for CCSP how much different are the questions to that of Boson? Appreciating the obvious fact the questions wont be the same but just wanted to determine how closely the exam resembles the Boson Questions? Also has anyone done the EdSum questions?

Thanks in advance
MSc, BSc (Hons), AWS CSA, C-CISO, CISSP, CCSP, CCSK, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GSTRT, GSNA, GCCC, CEH, CHFI, TOGAF, CISMP

Comments

• scascscasc Posts: 226Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    If anyone is interested, I passed the exam by looking at the CCSK material, Boson exam questions and the Sybex exam questions (Wiley). Just tried to understand the concepts as best as I could. 
    MSc, BSc (Hons), AWS CSA, C-CISO, CISSP, CCSP, CCSK, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GSTRT, GSNA, GCCC, CEH, CHFI, TOGAF, CISMP
  • LonerVampLonerVamp OSCP, GCFA, GWAPT, CISSP, OSWP, CCNA Cyber Ops, Sec+, Linux+, AWS CCP, CCSK Posts: 393Member ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats!

Security Engineer/Analyst/Geek, Red & Blue Teams
    OSCP, GCFA, GWAPT, CISSP, OSWP, CCNA Cyber Ops, Sec+, Linux+, AWS CCP, CCSK
    2019 goals: GWAPT, Linux+, (possible: SLAE, CCSK, AWS SA-A)
    Many thanks. 
  • srothmansrothman Posts: 10Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well done, especially considering the changes in the exam. I think you're the first post I read where someone isn't complaining about how the change in the exam "completely stuffed" their learning efforts. I've been wondering about the Boson tests as part of my prep, but will take a much closer look now as well. I've been using the Wiley test bank too, and find it quite helpful. Having done the CCSK v4 as well, I'm glad if there is value in the content as well.

Again, congrats.
    Thanks. Best of luck going forward. To be honest I passed before the change in Aug however I’ve heard changes are not that dramatic. I liked the Boson papers as it helped ask questions in a different way yet helped a lot with revision. 
  • bigdogzbigdogz Posts: 585Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    edited November 6
    @scasc

Congratulations!!!
    Nice post. It was smart to study from the CCSK material since they partnered up with ISC2 to make this certification. I may it after my CEH v10.

Regards
    Cheers - go for it once you are ready. A good one for the CV.
  • OmniManOmniMan Posts: 72Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    scasc said:
    If anyone is interested, I passed the exam by looking at the CCSK material, Boson exam questions and the Sybex exam questions (Wiley). Just tried to understand the concepts as best as I could. 
    Are those questions similar to the Sybex exam questions?  Was the test similar?   If I am passing the Sybex stuff, am I ready for the real exam? 
    OmniMan said:l
    scasc said:
    Are those questions similar to the Sybex exam questions?  Was the test similar?   If I am passing the Sybex stuff, am I ready for the real exam? 
    Hi - Sybex and Boson exam questions were different. Need understanding of concepts from both to ensure ready. I found test harder than both these sources (expected) so made sure I truly understood the material as best as I could from the CCSK free download paper, Wiley explanations and Boson explanations (exam questions). I hope this helps. A lot of ppl can trip up on this one as the mindset and concept to cloud is different to on-prem.