Options

AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate passed!

Just cleared the AWS CSAA after about 3 week of concentrated study. It wasn't as hard as I was expecting based on some commentary on Reddit and the ACG discussions.

Materials Used:
A Cloud Guru
Tutorials Dojo AWS Cheatsheets (to supplement a few topics I needed clarification/details on)
Jon Bonso Practice Exams

I feel the Bonso practice exams were the closes to the real exam and helped.The explanations for each question are so detailed. Highly recommend them. Tried Whizlabs but was not as much of a fan.

I pursued this for a couple of reasons. For one, I like AWS and cloud stuff, and wanted feel comfortable with AWS from at least the Architect Associate level, and wanted the cert for resume purposes. But one of my company's products (I'm a Sales Engineer) is implementing AWS Infrastructure assessment functionality to go with the existing AWS instance scanning capabilities, and I wanted to better understand the infrastructure pieces we would be assessing. Doesn't hurt that my manager was hinting they'd be happy if I pursued it.

Now that I'm done with that, back to focusing solely on pentesting stuff (prepping for OSCP). I'm looking at signing up for PWK at the end of this month anticipating an end of July start date with their current lead times. I feel bad I have a Security Specialty voucher that will go unused, but I just cannot stand taking exams based on rote memorization. 
Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
Next Up:​ OSCP
Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework

Comments

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Awesome nicely done!! Thank you for the resource links I am preparing for this cert!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    No problem! The Tutorials Dojo Cheatsheets are awesome too! I just didn't have as much time as I'd have liked to fully read every section, but they are even a fantastic resource for on the job reference.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats! This one is on my list as well.
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• Options
    COBOL_DOS_ERACOBOL_DOS_ERA Member Posts: 205 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats!! AWS is on my list too, bought Jon Bonso Practice Exams a month before on Udemy and hoping to take the exam mid next year.
    CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, PMP, PMI-ACP, SEC+, ITIL V3, A-CSM. And Many More.
  • Options
    averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Thanks guys. @averageguy72 Your cert profile looks similar to mine but deeper into the AWS certs. Do you work in cloud security?

• Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,565 Mod
    Well done man and good luck with the OSCP
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    unrealskillz06unrealskillz06 Member Posts: 37 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    MitMMitM Member Posts: 622 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats JoJoCal
  • Options
    Johnhe0414Johnhe0414 Registered Users Posts: 191 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations! That's awesome news!
    Current: Network+ | Project+ 
    Working on: PMP
  • Options
    averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    edited June 2019
    @JoJoCal19

Yes, I have been in "cloud architecture/security" since it was called ASP.  Our new mothership (acquired by a large company) has a CCoE (cloud center of excellence) and I've been working with that group, security and the architects during onboarding and preparation for our cloud migration (co-lo to AWS).
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner