Options

CIPT Exam Prep

BaddamBaddam Member Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi, I have scheduled my CIPT exam on July 24, could someone please suggest any tips, books for the exam prep?

Comments

• Options
    TightTeeShirtTightTeeShirt Member Posts: 11 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited July 2019
    My job paid for the certification bundle which is just "Privacy in Technology: Standards and Practices for Engineers and Security" by JC Cannon and then their own video training.

I went through the video modules once, then took the practice exam questions. Got like 50% which is fine because i just wanted to see what i knew off skimming the modules. I then went through the JC Cannon pdf and took attentive notes. Also ran through the video modules a second time

Sat for the exam and passed on first attempt. Interestingly enough I have the same feedback for the CIPT exam as others seem to have about the CIPP tests:

- Questions on the exam are noticeably more difficult than the video module questions/practice exam questions.
    - There were some questions on the exam where I was left scratching my head asking where the hell was this in the study materials?
    - The scenario questions are a pain, but start by reading the questions/options first then going through the scenario for context.

• Options
    BaddamBaddam Member Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    sfportarosfportaro Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My job paid for the certification bundle which is just "Privacy in Technology: Standards and Practices for Engineers and Security" by JC Cannon and then their own video training.

I went through the video modules once, then took the practice exam questions. Got like 50% which is fine because i just wanted to see what i knew off skimming the modules. I then went through the JC Cannon pdf and took attentive notes. Also ran through the video modules a second time

Sat for the exam and passed on first attempt. Interestingly enough I have the same feedback for the CIPT exam as others seem to have about the CIPP tests:

- Questions on the exam are noticeably more difficult than the video module questions/practice exam questions.
    - There were some questions on the exam where I was left scratching my head asking where the hell was this in the study materials?
    - The scenario questions are a pain, but start by reading the questions/options first then going through the scenario for context.

I know that your post is older. But, I totally agree with your three points. To me, this exam was harder then CRISC.