DoubleNNs wrote: »
My resume currently lists a job I was at for only 3 months. Additionally, I DO have a few months of gaps in my unemployment.
List that job. There's no reason not to.
keenon wrote: »
My suggestion is to start working as an independent consultant. This will cover the gaps
x3eemguy wrote: »
Hey guys, I have a major problem. Here's my situation, I'm relocating to another state and I have to make a resume. My major problem is I don't have anything good to put on my resume. I really want an IT job, any IT job to start would really make a difference in my life. Here is all that I have for a resume.
Worked as a security guard for 3 years in nyc. Now currently working as a cab driver for 4 years. I have GED and currently perusing A+ with home study materials.
I know I don't have much, but I will continue to try to obtain other certifications after A+.
I really have no idea how to make a proper resume with this little background.
Can someone please advise me?
Home Address · 1(555)555-5555email · linkedinSummary
Aspiring IT professional with a proven track record of customer service, problem solving, and analysis.Skills• Customer Service – Extensive experience in listening to and providing for the needs of customers.
• Fast Learner – Ability to quickly familiarize self with proprietary company software and hardware.
• Logic-Based Problem Solving – Careful observation of signs and thinking outside the box allows accurate establishment of probable cause to the root of a problem.Industry Certifications
• CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+
EducationcurrentAssociate in science Information technology, mycollege
4.0 GPA | Focus on Cybersecurity | exp grad date 03/182009Associate in Applied Sciences welding technology, another college
3.2 GPA | Dean’s ListExperience9/2017 – 11/2017 PC Technician(Intern), mycollege
• Setting up old and new computers for faculty use according to set specifications.
• Followed best practices to harden systems against vulnerabilities (update OS, update software, set up automatic updates, disable remote access, turn off printer and file sharing, setting screensaver login, turn off network discovery, update drivers, set up browsers to forget history and disable “remember my password”).
• Removal of hard drives and RAM to prepare retired equipment for e-waste disposal.
• Diagnose and troubleshooting hardware and software problems with PCs, laptops, tablets, printers, scanners, and a variety of other devices of different makes and models (Dell, Mac, HP, Xerox).
3/2016 – 6/2017 IT Tutor, mycollege
• Assist ITS/ICS course students with computer related assignments.
• Relevant material includes MS Office, C#, HTML, CSS, Packet Tracer.
• Students are assisted with the grasp of key concepts rather than simply given an answer.
5/2015 – 7/2015 Special Services, The Home Depot
• Build and maintain customer orders on proprietary store ESS system.
• Process sales over phone for contractors, schedule merchandise delivery to job sites.
• Direct customer phone call to departments, ensure a prompt and professional response.
• Create and close rental contracts for company vehicles for customer use.
11/2007 – 1/2015 Produce Clerk, Safeway
• Often offered and work overtime during holidays and show & tell with company execs.
• Ensure product rotation, color break in product displays, neat and clean lines on tables.
• Provide premier customer service, walk customers directly to product locations.
• Answer customer questions about products, suggest products based on customer needs.
Informative post. I didn't realize the gov system used keywords, would have thought they are actually being reviewed.