Options

642-552 SND practice questions

2»

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    10. What are the three core capabilities of Cisco’s Self Defending Network architecture?

a. Adaptability
    b. Collaboration
    c. Security
    d. Integration
    e. Visibility

Answers and explanation tomorrow.
  • Options
    Looks like I missed a day...

Answers to question 10: a, b, d

Explanation: Integration, Collaboration, and Adaptability are the three core capabilities of Cisco’s Self Defending Network architecture, which is an intelligent system-wide security solution that can self-defend networks.

- Integration refers to integrating security throughout the entire existing infrastructure. The goal is to prevent using additional systems and ensure every element in the network is secured.
    - Collaboration refers to the cooperation of systems and security processes throughout the network.
    - Adaptability refers to the network and its systems automatically adapting to new threats. A good example of this is an IPS that, through the collaboration and integration mentioned above, can intelligently respond to odd behavior on multiple levels in the network and recognize attacks for which it doesn’t have a definition/signature.

Reference: Cisco Self-Defending Network Introduction

Exam Objective: Describe the Cisco Self Defending Network architecture

New question soon...
  • Options
    11. You are the security consultant for a small company with a Cisco internetwork. The company recently hired a Cisco expert to install a firewall, but you were informed the 5 routers in the internetwork haven’t been touched in at least a year. Some of these routers are attached to public carrier networks, and the IT manager told you they frequently become unavailable.

Even though you are in the middle of designing a security program for the entire network and all systems, it seems not even the basic security measures are taken on these routers. You don’t mind working a couple of hours late so you offer to secure these routers the same evening. What SDM feature do you plan on using on the 5 routers?

a. Cisco Self Defending Network Wizard
    b. Security Audit’s One-Step Lockdown
    c. Cisco Outbreak Control
    d. Cisco SecureNow
    e. Network LAN Wizard
  • Options
    Answer: b

Explanation: Security Auditor in SDM includes the One-Step Lockdown feature, which use AutoSecure to secure the router. The reference link below contains an overview of Security Audit and the One-Step Lockdown feature. As you can see it performs a lot of different actions, including changing many basic settings that require little planning. At first the list may seem a bit overwhelming, but almost everything applies to other exam objectives of the SND exam as well. In other words, it is one to bookmark.

Cisco does not offer a Self Defending Network Wizard, nor a SecureNow product. Although Cisco Outbreak Control is a Cisco product and could very well fit in this enterprise, it is part of the Cisco Self-Defending Network strategy to prevent virus and worm outbreaks and not something you should set up without planning and it is not router-specific. Answer e, the Network LAN Wizard is an available feature in SDM but is merely a tool that allows convenient configuration of LAN interfaces.

Reference: Security Audit

Exam Objective: Use the One-Step Lockdown feature in SDM to secure a Cisco router
  • Options
    ninnacharuninnacharu Inactive Imported Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hii....
    wheres everyone in the forum...? I am awaiting some more questions.. icon_confused.gif:

Can anyone tell me about simulations ??
    planning to take the exam sooooooooon... icon_rolleyes.gif

Webmaster wrote:
    Answer: b

Explanation: Security Auditor in SDM includes the One-Step Lockdown feature, which use AutoSecure to secure the router. The reference link below contains an overview of Security Audit and the One-Step Lockdown feature. As you can see it performs a lot of different actions, including changing many basic settings that require little planning. At first the list may seem a bit overwhelming, but almost everything applies to other exam objectives of the SND exam as well. In other words, it is one to bookmark.

Cisco does not offer a Self Defending Network Wizard, nor a SecureNow product. Although Cisco Outbreak Control is a Cisco product and could very well fit in this enterprise, it is part of the Cisco Self-Defending Network strategy to prevent virus and worm outbreaks and not something you should set up without planning and it is not router-specific. Answer e, the Network LAN Wizard is an available feature in SDM but is merely a tool that allows convenient configuration of LAN interfaces.

Reference: Security Audit

Exam Objective: Use the One-Step Lockdown feature in SDM to secure a Cisco router
  • Options
    Fugazi1000Fugazi1000 Member Posts: 145
    I must agree - it does seem very quiet, yet some of the content and threads are absolute gems. Well worth browsing, but such a shame there aren't more contributors......
  • Options
    It's always a bit slower during the summer months, which is is mostly noticable in less popular cert forums like the CCSP forum. Don't let that stop you from helping out each other though. icon_wink.gif Contributing yourself has a better effect than pointing out the low amount of active contributors in this forum.

I didn't get a lot of response on these questions, and I'm kinda forced to focus on writing for the popular exams (currently CCNA and Vista exams). I'm working on some new security related TechNotes for the new CCNA exams, which should get me in the mood to write some more SND stuff too.
  • Options
    naiolearinaioleari Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi - I am planning to give the exam this friday - I have been studying on the SND guide v2 and I did all the actual test version 08.07.07 and the Cert test latest one...Do you think i will find any of those question during the exam?

Thanks
    //Amedeo