Hi community

projectlinuxprojectlinux Member Posts: 4 ■■□□□□□□□□
edited August 2019 in Introduce Yourself
Hey guys,

After months of using this amazing platform, I finally chose to join y'all and hopefully give back the same way many of you helped me with your guidance and recommendations for my certifications.

I am a cyber enthusiast and have a strong passion for ethical hacking/pentest. I love to break things and put them back together in my labs. 

Linux is the better OS. Prove me wrong. PS. I do not use Arch btw.
<b>Certification Goals:</b> CCNA, CCDA, CCNA:Sec, CEH, EJPT, ECCPT, EWAPT, OSCP<br>
Currently working on
: CEH, CCNA

Comments

• SpiegelSpiegel Member Posts: 322 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Welcome to the site! Wish you luck in all of your goals and hope that you're able to find what you need here. This is an amazing community with someone always available to cheer you one or provide with great insights.
    Degree: WGU B.S. Network Operations and Security [COMPLETE]
    Current Certs: A+ | N+ | S+ | Cloud Essentials+ | Project+ | MTA: OSF | CIW: SDA | ITIL: F | CCENT | CCNA R&S | CCNA | LPI Linux Essentials
    Currently Working On: JNCIA-MistAI

2022 Goals: JNCIA-MistAI [ ]
    Future Certs: CCNP Enterprise
  • thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□

Good luck finding drivers for wireless adapters.  You could shell out $90 for a linux compatible one.  I’m not hating, but now a fanboy either.  I’m more of the “right tool, for the right job” type of guy.
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Welcome to the forums. I typed this message using a MacBook Pro o:)
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    . . . . Linux is the better OS. Prove me wrong. PS. I do not use Arch btw. . .
    Windows seems to be more gentle in handling USB sticks without corrupting them. Let's see what else -- better iPhone support -- trying to plug an iPhone into Linux is an exercise in frustration. I've developed the opinion that Apple (not Microsoft) is the most anti-Linux company in existence, Darwin kernel be damned.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • projectlinuxprojectlinux Member Posts: 4 ■■□□□□□□□□
    edited August 2019
    yoba222 said:
    . . . . Linux is the better OS. Prove me wrong. PS. I do not use Arch btw. . .
    Windows seems to be more gentle in handling USB sticks without corrupting them. Let's see what else -- better iPhone support -- trying to plug an iPhone into Linux is an exercise in frustration. I've developed the opinion that Apple (not Microsoft) is the most anti-Linux company in existence, Darwin kernel be damned.

To add to your verdict, don't forget about Windows cup holders.
    Certification Goals: CCNA, CCDA, CCNA:Sec, CEH, EJPT, ECCPT, EWAPT, OSCP

Currently working on
    edited August 2019
    thomas_ said:

Good luck finding drivers for wireless adapters.  You could shell out $90 for a linux compatible one.  I’m not hating, but now a fanboy either.  I’m more of the “right tool, for the right job” type of guy.

you can just plug your windows laptop straight to your dial-up modem through an rj11.

Currently working on
    edited August 2019
    UnixGuy said:
    Welcome to the forums. I typed this message using a MacBook Pro o:)

Thank you! you are in the clear :)

Currently working on
  • thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    thomas_ said:

you can just plug your windows laptop straight to your dial-up modem through an rj11.
    I have no idea what point you are trying to make.  You said prove you wrong and I gave you an example where Linux is lacking.  Your response is some garbage about plugging a windows laptop to a dial-up modem through an RJ11. 

You do know that modern laptops don't have those connections anymore, right?  Maybe you're not aware because you're stuck using an old laptop because that's the only laptop that your "superior" Linux WIFI drivers will work on.

I had an old laptop that I installed Linux on.  The WIFI stopped working on it due to a lack of Linux driver support.  The WIFI worked when Windows was installed.  Obviously, Linux isn't better in that regard.  I later installed Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 on the same laptop and a lot of my function keys were no longer functional.  However, they worked with Linux.  Linux is obviously better in that regard.  Linux couldn't run a bunch of Windows applications that I needed to run even when I tried them in WINE and there were no native Linux versions, so Linux isn't better in that regard for my specific use case.
  • nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    edited August 2019
    Welcome to the forum. I typed this in a Windows 10. lol :P 
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Welcome. I typed this on a macbook pro. I like both os(es).
    Never let your fear decide your fate....