Options

That was close ! !

thisisalex02thisisalex02 Member Posts: 136
Took 640-801 this morning. I was pretty hyped and ready to go... so i go sign in blah blah,then first question BAM got a simlet. Through my hard study preparation i was like ok cool here we go, then for some idiotic reason i hit the next button. haha.. no joke i did none of the simlet. What a moron i am, but i still ended up getting a 930. After i went to next question i was like what the hell did i just do? I thought to myself damn this sucks, but i still pulled it off. :D

Technology 100%
Troubleshooting 94%
Implementation and Operation 71%
Planning and Designing 90%

For those about to take test.. DO NOT CLICK NEXT UNLESS YOU ARE 100% SURE!! Do not make the mistake i did, but overall if you study hard and put in lab time youll pass. Im gonna get some beer.. im out
Switches are bridges on steroids!

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Wow, good job man, especially since you missed a sim!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

icon_lol.gif Yeah, I did that on a simlet in the CCSP. I think they added the simlet type after I did the CCNA and CCNP.

I answered the first question, hit next, got the popup, --yeah, I answered quetion 1, give me 2 -- OOPS! icon_eek.gif

The next button should take you to the next question in the simlet, and only on the last question should it do the popup.... But it doesn't.

We should make that a standard warning now -- BEWARE the SIMLET
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    thisisalex02thisisalex02 Member Posts: 136
    thats exactly what i thought... ok first one down, gimme next. Then simlet gone... like wait a minute.. lol.. What you all think i would of scored if simlet was done properly? But yea that one totally got me off guard i thought next would get me next question in simlet not on to the next question! icon_twisted.gif
    Switches are bridges on steroids!
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    What you all think i would of scored if simlet was done properly?
    I'm guessing you missed one or two regular questions apart from the skipped sim.
  • Options
    SpudageSpudage Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the mark.. despite the little mishap ;)

I guess allowing that to happen filters out the people who use the tutorial time to write down notes instead. Carefully following instructions is a very important skill no matter what kind of job you are in. An exam situation just makes it harder to stay calm :)

The text below is off-topic but I feel like mentioning it anyway...

After reading everyones advice on this forum about quickly dumping some notes down during the tutorial time, I had the impression that you had exactly 15mins to do this and no more (if you choose to do it at all... I personally know from all my university exams that I never look at **** sheets, so it's a waste of my time writing one). I couldn't believe it when it gave 15minutes for the survery AND 15minutes for the tutorial.

If you want to write down notes, and 30minutes isn't enough, you need to learn to write faster :)