Options

Privacy is shaping the future of cybersecurity careers: Are you ready?

Infosec_SamInfosec_Sam Admin Posts: 527 Admin
Hey everybody! We recently invited Byron Johnson, IAPP Channel Sales Manager, to the office to record a webinar about how privacy is impacting the current and future landscape of cybersecurity careers. He was a super nice guy, and I thought the webinar was a really good look into the privacy industry and how IAPP fits into that. Definitely worth checking out if you're interested!

Watch now »
-----

The way the people view online privacy is rapidly evolving. Big technology companies, once widely celebrated as innovators, are facing increasing backlash over how data is being protected and shared — plus billion-dollar fines from government organizations.

That shift has changed the way organizations of all sizes view privacy, and what they’re looking for when hiring cybersecurity professionals. Watch this on-demand webinar to see IAPP's Byron Johnson discuss:

• How privacy is changing cybersecurity
  • Privacy skills and how they apply to different cybersecurity roles
  • The future of online privacy and data protection laws
  • Privacy certification and career questions from live viewers
Watch now »
Community Manager at Infosec!
Who we are | What we do

Comments

• Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    That was good! I listened to this.

Definitely an area of interest, and I agree it is influencing cybersecurity careers. I used to only see 'privacy officer' person in organisations. Now I see more of 'Chief Data privacy officer ... definitely the new buzzword
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com