CCNA test scheduled the day it expires - still good?

Cat5Cat5 Posts: 297Member ■■■□□□□□□□
If I take my test on the day my CCNA expires, will it renew? Or is the day it expires mean that I now have to start from scratch?

Comments

• Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Posts: 1,773Member ■■■■■■■■□□
    I don't know the answer but I would need a really good reason to wait till the last second.
  • thomas_thomas_ CompTIA N+/S+/L+; CCNA R&S; CCNP R&S Posts: 908Member ■■■■■■□□□□
    I would take it at least a week before expiration, so you can  retake it again before it expires if you fail the first time.
  • Skyliinez92Skyliinez92 Level 99 Wizard Posts: 822Mod Mod
    I agree with the above. I would take it as soon as you feel ready. That way, if you did happen to fail for whatever reason, you've got the extra time to retake if needed. It also removes the pressure knowing that you're taking it on it's final day which could affect your performance in the exam.
    Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they don't want to. - Richard Branson
  • Infosec_SamInfosec_Sam Security+, CCENT, ITIL Foundation, A+ Madison, WIPosts: 384Admin Admin
    According to this post on the Cisco forum, it looks like you should be good to take the exam on the expiration date. Here's what the dude says:

Yes, you can still take a qualifying recertification exam on the same day that your certification is set to expire. So if your CCNA R&S Certification expiration date is July 30, 2013, you can still take a recertification exam on this day and if you pass, you will be recertified for 3 years.
    Community Manager at Infosec!
    Who we are | What we do
  • Cat5Cat5 Posts: 297Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    According to this post on the Cisco forum, it looks like you should be good to take the exam on the expiration date. Here's what the dude says:

Yes, you can still take a qualifying recertification exam on the same day that your certification is set to expire. So if your CCNA R&S Certification expiration date is July 30, 2013, you can still take a recertification exam on this day and if you pass, you will be recertified for 3 years.
    Thanks. Unfortunately, the test taking center only has a few days available. It's either right away or on my expiration date, and the other center is really far away.
  • yoba222yoba222 Posts: 1,055Member ■■■■■■■□□□
    Really far away sounds like the better choice IMHO. Not worth the risk.
    2017: GCIH | LFCS
    2018: CySA+ | PenTest+ |CCNA CyberOps
    2019: VHL 20 boxes
    2020: OSCP | CISSP
  • jacktors22jacktors22 Posts: 4Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have three vouchers ICND expire in October and November. If you schedule exam before they expire day all good. I have no intentions on taking the exam. Been there, done that. Anyone have anything to trade or interest lmk. Security related training or tools