CCNA test scheduled the day it expires - still good?

Cat5Cat5 Member Posts: 297 ■■■□□□□□□□
If I take my test on the day my CCNA expires, will it renew? Or is the day it expires mean that I now have to start from scratch?

Comments

• Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I don't know the answer but I would need a really good reason to wait till the last second.
  • thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I would take it at least a week before expiration, so you can  retake it again before it expires if you fail the first time.
  • Infosec_SamInfosec_Sam Admin Posts: 527 Admin
    According to this post on the Cisco forum, it looks like you should be good to take the exam on the expiration date. Here's what the dude says:

Yes, you can still take a qualifying recertification exam on the same day that your certification is set to expire. So if your CCNA R&S Certification expiration date is July 30, 2013, you can still take a recertification exam on this day and if you pass, you will be recertified for 3 years.
    Community Manager at Infosec!
    Who we are | What we do
  • Cat5Cat5 Member Posts: 297 ■■■□□□□□□□
    According to this post on the Cisco forum, it looks like you should be good to take the exam on the expiration date. Here's what the dude says:

Yes, you can still take a qualifying recertification exam on the same day that your certification is set to expire. So if your CCNA R&S Certification expiration date is July 30, 2013, you can still take a recertification exam on this day and if you pass, you will be recertified for 3 years.
    Thanks. Unfortunately, the test taking center only has a few days available. It's either right away or on my expiration date, and the other center is really far away.
  • yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Really far away sounds like the better choice IMHO. Not worth the risk.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • jacktors22jacktors22 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have three vouchers ICND expire in October and November. If you schedule exam before they expire day all good. I have no intentions on taking the exam. Been there, done that. Anyone have anything to trade or interest lmk. Security related training or tools