Options

After 1 year studying CISSP i failed WHY

helmoshrifyhelmoshrify Member Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am communication engineer with MSc in wireless networks , with 15 years experience in Aviation IT , PMP , ITIL certified , 80% of my work related to networks , ICT. i used information security in my work but not full time. i studied authorized book of ISC of mike chapple very well covering 8 domains , i answered more than 1800 Questions , 1 month dedicated studying before exam. but after all of this i failed , during the exam i found many many of questions i didnt understand what they are asking for ? i didnt understand the concept , i never saw may questions before. i need your advise what is my mistake ? how i can pass this exam ? do i need book camp or another materials or more questions from where ?

many thanks for your support 

Comments

• Options
    helmoshrifyhelmoshrify Member Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Many thanks  advanex and skyliinez for your comments .

yes , report saying that 2 Domains are BELOW PROFIEIENCY LEVEL . 5 DOMAINS ARE PROFICIENCY LEVEL , ONLY 1 DOMAIN ABOVE PROFICIENCY LEVEL 
    i dont understand my preformance is good here or no , is the pass score is near proficiency or above proficienct ?
    please advise ?
    also from where i can get 5000 questions to test myself. i already finished all books of mike chapple CBT and exams book ? . many thanks 

Hossam 
  • Options
    balancebalance Member Posts: 244 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Just get back at it . If English is your second language ,  see if you can test in another language.    I have  first hand experience with this .   You can  get it done.... it will just take some time. 
  • Options
    Luc3nc3Luc3nc3 Member Posts: 8 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Dont approach it with a technical mind but rather a managerial one.When answering a question  always ask yourself "what choice would I make if I was a manager?"
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Now that you have taken it you have a better understanding of what to expect and you should be able to adjust your study.
  • Options
    ecuisonecuison Member Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Along with what everyone else has commented, the exam was meant to be 50/50 (technical/management thinking)  If you are strong on one side, the other side is where the exam will get you.  

You have a chance now to focus on the area's of weakness for the next time around.  I highly recommended however not to take what you assume as easy as a lot of people lose points "easy" points in those area's.  If you think you know an area, make sure to cover it thoroughly.

Good luck on the next time sitting in for this beast of an exam!
    Accomplishments: B.S. - Business (Information Management) | CISSP | CCSP | TOGAF v9.2 Certified | Security + | Network +
  • Options
    mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    There is a video on youtube called "Why you will pass CISSP" It is crucial that you watch it and follow all the points mentioned religiously. 
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• Options
    camerono808camerono808 Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just a tip... memorizing questions and answers does help.  However, you need to truly understanding why each answer is right or wrong.  Furthermore, to piggyback off of Luc3nc3, ask yourself what you would do as a manager and is that in parallel with the ISC2 teachings?  You'll probably be able to eliminate at least 2-answers just asking those questions to yourself.  Then it comes down to "which answer is the MOST correct."  Best of luck to you on your next attempt!
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    There are a couple of issues that immediately popped up, which were described above. First, there's the language barrier that you confirmed on Reddit. I guarantee you this is playing a BIG factor here. ISC(2) tests are well know for being reading comprehension puzzles. As you mentioned, extracting what exactly is being asked in the question is essential to succeed here. 

Second, I have a feeling you do not understand the essence of this exam. Your comment of "where i can get 5000 questions to test myself" is misguided, like @camerono808 pointed out. If you have gaps in knowledge, no number of questions will help. Another thing that popped out to me was this comment: "i never saw may questions before". Exactly. This is how good tests work. In my 10+ years in this board I usually see this comment coming from people who expected to know EXACTLY what questions would come in the exam. Again, not sure if due to language you meant something else, so feel free to clarify.

Finally, also had to restate the "think like a manager" issue. The tech hat needs to come off. What does it mean to think like a manager? Think risk management frameworks, business impact, budget, prioritization. The answer to any given question can drastically change depending if they spin it around confidentiality, availability, or integrity. This could mean just one or two key words in the stem of item that would change the scope. You need to be able to pick up those cues quickly.