Struggling with DirectAccess subject in 70-741

november24november24 Member Posts: 76 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi Everyone,
I am preparing for the exam 70-741 and I am struggling with the subject DirectAccess... it loos like it is an endless subject, also many examples speaking about certificates and PKI and this subject is supposed to be explained under the exam 70-742!
any help with an easy to grasp study guide?

Comments

• Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    For some topics I think you just need to lab it up and see it work. When reading sometimes things are clarified and sometimes they get more confusing.

In the end if you are getting stuck on one topic I would move on. Come back to it a week or two later. It does not always work but it keeps you moving forward.
  • malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    edited September 2019
    Hi Everyone,
    I am preparing for the exam 70-741 and I am struggling with the subject DirectAccess... it loos like it is an endless subject, also many examples speaking about certificates and PKI and this subject is supposed to be explained under the exam 70-742!
    any help with an easy to grasp study guide?
    Lab it and you will understand more.  Took me few times after looking at the DA layout.

Tip:  For DirectAccess you will need IPv6 enabled.  Keep that in mind when taking the exam :)
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

• november24november24 Member Posts: 76 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What are your current study materials for the 741? Have you got any prior certs which may have helped in this area? I.e. Windows 7 or 10? 

Whenever I'm in doubt I always check MS Docs to confirm something. Maybe this will help with your DirectAccess understanding?

Good luck with your exam. I'm currently doing my 740 and set to take it at the end of the month.
    Thank you very much for your reply, after many attempts I've managed to accomplish the DrectAccess lab with minimum steps, I am using both CBT Nuggets and ITDVDS, I don't want to rely on CBT Nuggets preset lab therefore I am trying to do everything from scratch on my own lab, the lab diagram used by ITDVDS is complicated and hard to implement with limited resources.
    I also tried to implement the DirectAccess lab using Microsoft Test Lab guide but id didn't work form me, I might have done something wrong during the configuration.
    I've found some videos on youtube that was helpful in setting up the lab and I am going to mention them here for reference in case someone needs them in the future.

Good luck with your upcoming 7-740 test.