Passed With a 577 Should i Go Retake When im Able

DonxHillDonxHill Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed the A+ Core This past Friday But got a 577, Should i go and try and get a better score in a year from now or does it really matter on what score i get just as long As I PASSED......

O yea 5 days Till i Go For the OS..........

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    If you passed, then you have completed that portion of the requirement. Learn from it, move on and focus on other certs, your job and the work that you put out in a day....is what you do efficient, or are you carrying around certs for the sake of having certs?

Nope. A pass is a pass. Passing OS + CORE will yield you the title of A+ so get it and move on.

(IMNSHO)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • DonxHillDonxHill Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was talking to my teacher and he said that most companies look at the overall score to see what fields you are efficent in.... Personaly i dont thk a test can show how good you are in one area and no so good in another.... I thk it comes down to Field work and work experence.....
  • OlajuwonOlajuwon Inactive Imported Users Posts: 356
    DonxHill wrote:
    I was talking to my teacher and he said that most companies look at the overall score to see what fields you are efficent in.... Personaly i dont thk a test can show how good you are in one area and no so good in another.... I thk it comes down to Field work and work experence.....

That is completely untrue. Your teacher just wants you to pay for courses again. Employers don't care what you scored on the test. They just need proof that you hold the certs you claim to have.
    "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    DonxHill wrote:

Is this a college? That is absolutely ridiculous. The only thing that matters is that you passed the test. CompTIA sets the passing score to validate their certification, your score is unimportant as long as you passed.

I do think it is possible for employers to find out how many times you have taken the test, but I don't know about your score? Anyone else know for sure?
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    First of all, we are talking about the A+ exam. Likely one of the first of many exams in your IT career.

Second, I've never seen, nor heard of an employer asking for an exam score (doesn't mean they won't but think about it....what good does that do them?)

Third, if you are hung up on your score and you desire to spend your hard earned money (Or mom & dad's money if that be the case) go right ahead. The test centers won't mind and neither with CompTia.

Honestly, I'm just amazed that each year that "should I retake the exam if I didn't like my score" question is asked seemingly more frequently. I must be missing something in my understanding, because as an employer and as an employee my concern is on how WELL someone knows the information and how efficient and proficient they work in the field and with clients. I don't care if someone skims past with a 505 & 515 and can properly diagnosis a problem system. I promise you I'm way PO'd when they miss a simple problem or turn it into 3 hours of work when it should have been 30 minutes. Personally, if someone claims they scored 900s on both exams....I'd be more concerned that they cheated.

Do as you wish. If it makes you happy to shell out money for exams again do it. (Not certain about you, but I don't have enough spare time in my week to go sit for exams I've already passed, maybe your job allows you this luxury??). By CompTIAs quidelines, they have considered you 'passed' and if you have passed both exams you are now A+ certified.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It is done and over with....there is no need to go and retake the exam and if you did want to you would have to wait 1 year before you would be eligible to retake after a PASS.

Congratulations!
    CompTIA wrote:
    IN THE EVENT THAT A CANDIDATE PASSES A COMPTIA CERTIFICATION TEST - RETAKE POLICY:
    In the event that any candidate passes any CompTIA certification test, such candidate shall be required to wait for a period of twelve (12) calendar months before retaking the same CompTIA certification test, unless CompTIA has changed the test objectives for such test.
  • jasoninazjasoninaz Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hell NO, Passing is Passing and I have had a lot employers look at my resume and not one asked for the score. I don't even think I have it anywhere.

HELL NO :>)
  • DonxHillDonxHill Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ok thats all i needed to know, im in tech school By the way i dont like having a lot if diffrent classes to attand.

Thx for the answer, it was the one i was hoping for, and my teacher is an **** and im done with him now that i have my A+
  • rosant1rosant1 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    like in sports "a W is a W no one remebers the score". Now if you want to waste your money you can buy everyone on this thread a beer. icon_lol.gif
  • elathropelathrop Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Funny thing, I passed the Core and OS with good scores and I'm about 2 weeks away from taking the Net+. So I'm studying Net+ but at the same time I'm building a computer and ordering all the parts one at a time, you know, when I have the money. To make sure I'm on the right track, I find myself referring back to the old Meyers' "All in One" book and I'm finding it very interesting and more educational than the first time I read it.

So I think I know a lot more now than when I passed the A+ but would I get a better score if I took it today? NO! Because I forgot the LPT2 address and which ports connect the DMA controllers together, for instance, and I'm sure I forgot much more of the stuff that isn't doing me any good now.

Life is a learning experience. I think, like, the test is sort of, just the beginning. Use the test you passed as a springboard. It's not something you need to feel subservient to. I hear a lot of people brag about lower scores than yours, anyway.

Oh, and by the way, Congratulations!
    Webmaster for calendardaze.com ezcalculator.com and digitizedvideo.com