Options

Newbie, currently going for CCNA

homerj742homerj742 Member Posts: 251
This is will be my first certification exam, I have NO professional experience with cisco products and I hope attaining this cert will help open some doors.

I currently work in a small 2 man consulting company (just me and my boss) and while it is an ok job, I'm looking for something that will offer me more experience. We currently only setup small stub networks, using sonicwall firewalls. My boss doesn't have much of a desire to persue any certification, and to build up his knowledge on certain things (like working with companies with remote offices, internetworks etc..) Which I feel might hurt us in the long run.

July 29th is my day! 90mins, 55-60 questions. I'm excited and nervous.

Using Sybex 4th ed w/NAT pdf downloaded.

Boson netsim

2 2507 routers.

Comments

• Options
    mwillmwill Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck homerj742,

you'll need it ;)

All jokes aside, just study hard and breathe and eat Cisco until this exam is over. Must have a good strong will not to delay this or make excuses, study daily and forget a social life until this is over.

But once it is over you'll be so happy and it will pay off in the long run.

Once I got my CCNA many more doors did open!

Good luck!
    Marcus Williamson
  • Options
    thisisalex02thisisalex02 Member Posts: 136
    try to get sybex 5th edition and ccna is do-able with netsim, but if you have plans on going onto ccnp get urself a lab. Make sure you know all aspect of switching STP,RSTP,VTP,Router on a stick, and make sure you can subnet in ur head.
    Switches are bridges on steroids!
  • Options
    Thank you mwill, the words of encouragement mean a great deal, especially coming from others who have attained this cert.

I previously went through Testout's CCNA prep, so this Sybex book is going by pretty quick! I reckon I'll be done sometime next week. ANd from there I'll be doing alot of practice exams and honing in on my weaknesses.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    homerj742 wrote:
    July 29th is my day! 90mins, 55-60 questions. I'm excited and nervous.
    Good Luck! :D

Yeah, the first one is always the most fun!

The URLs to the subnetting practice web site and Cisco's CCNA Prep Center are over in the "hello everybody" thread
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15215
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Damn, I can subnet on paper no problem, but in my head???

Thanks for the link, I will be sure to practice it over and over.