Anyone worked for big firms like HP or Fujitsu?

Skyliinez92Skyliinez92 Level 99 WizardMod Posts: 860 Mod
I've got a phone interview next week with Fujitsu for an engineer role and wondered if anyone here has any experience working with one of these companies? What's it like in terms of atmosphere and skill progression? What would be important to consider before making the move?
Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they don't want to. - Richard Branson
Tagged:

Comments

• bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 798 ■■■■■■■□□□
    edited January 10
    I have had a few friends work for HP and they all ended up leaving because benefits, bonuses, and test environments were being lost over time. All of them moved on to other organizations with better outcomes.
  • itdeptitdept Registered Users Posts: 71 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have never worked for or know anyone who has worked for those companies. What about looking on glassdoor for reviews
  • Skyliinez92Skyliinez92 Level 99 Wizard Mod Posts: 860 Mod
    I've been looking at reviews and comments from previous/current staff members. Trying to get an insight whether or not it would be worth the move over. I've changed jobs every 3 or so years, most recently at a government site so my hands are tied when it comes to doing certain jobs, but I've had good exposure to enterprise technologies. Ideally I'm looking for somewhere to settle down for a bit now with good career prospects and the possibility of growing to a senior level (also the ability to control my own work would be nice).

I've got plenty of questions to ask them next week, but a bit hesitant on jumping straight away to the first job interview of the new year as I have other opportunities in mind too.
    Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they don't want to. - Richard Branson
  • LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 611 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I've known two people who worked for HP. One didn't say much about it, but the other one speaks fondly about his time at HP. Don't know anyone who worked at Fujitsu. However, the two companies will have very different company cultures in any case so I would research what Fujitsu guys are saying on Glassdoor.