Options

CCIE Enterprise worth the investment?

pujan96pujan96 Member Posts: 121 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey all, 

Firstly apologies, posted under IT Jobs and Degrees but got no feedback :( 

Currently Im a network admin on track to complete the CCNP R/S and am strongly considering studying the CCIE Enterprise cert this year.

Some background on my future goals is to be a senior/network engineer in a cisco based environment in the UK.

My question, is with the current landscape of the industry is it a good investment to get the CCIE enterprise? obviously the blue print is changing for the emerging technologies like SD Wan and automation, but would employers actually be looking for those skills over the current CCIEs Core R/S only skillset?

I imagine so as cisco wouldnt be changing the cert to adapt to the new landscape, but was just seeking clarity from those more experienced or further along in a similar sort of position 

Thanks
[X] CCNA R&S

[X] CCNP Route 300-101
[  ] CCNP Switch 300-115
[  ] CCNP T-Shoot 300-135

[  ]  NPDESI 300-550

[  ] CCIE R&S Written
[  ] CCIE R&S LAB

Comments

• Options
    GngoghGngogh Member Posts: 165 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi
    Any CCIE cert in my opinion is totally worth it. It makes you an expert and basically it will provide you with more opportunities to progress in your career. 

Cheers

• Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    CCIE investment is always worth it. The worst thing you will lose is TIME invested, so make sure you complete the journey. 
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    pujan96pujan96 Member Posts: 121 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the feedback all.

Ive already started (1st week) studying, starting with the current R/S material excluding topics not covered in the CCIE Enterprise like RIP ect ect.

Once ive covered the topics from a high level ill get more deeper and start on the actual enterprise subjects as more material comes out.

Strongly considering a Micronics bootcamp also, purely due to lack of real world experience on alot of the topics covered.
    [X] CCNA R&S

[X] CCNP Route 300-101
    [  ] CCNP Switch 300-115
    [  ] CCNP T-Shoot 300-135

[  ]  NPDESI 300-550

[  ] CCIE R&S Written
    [  ] CCIE R&S LAB