Options

eLearnSecurity Incident Handler and Response Professional and Digital Forensics Professional Review

dirtscoutdirtscout Member Posts: 7 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello. I was directed here looking for a review on Threat Hunting course that eLearn offers. I went a little overboard for the 25% discount this month and bought PenTest Professional, IHRP, and DFIR courses. As I go through I intend to update this thread with my thoughts and a live review. Hope this helps, from what I've seen here this is the place to be for certification review and discussion!

Comments

• Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Welcome to the site! This site is definitely a great place to be regarding certifications, study tips, motivation, questions you may have, career path decisions, etc

I believe one or some have reviewed the threat hunting professional course in the past. It seems to be a good cert based on people have expressed. 

Good pick up on those three courses.
    PTP has always been a good/awesome course & cert.

IHRP a few people here, felt it came up short, some wished it was combined with threat hunting professional so that it could be a more well rounded course. I personally think it beats spending 7k on a SANS course. There was a recent post by @jeremy_dfir stating that he got the IHRP eCIR certification. He seemed to enjoy the content and the exam. Jeremy also has the Threat hunting and the Digitial Forensics certifications from elearnsecurity. You may want to pm him with any questions. 

DFIR, I have no experience with the course, nor have I bothered to read reviews about DFIR. Could be a winner but I couldn't tell you. 

Good luck and keep us posted! You can edit your signature with your current certs, your 2020 cert goals, etc. 
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    dirtscoutdirtscout Member Posts: 7 ■■■□□□□□□□
    chrisone said:

IHRP a few people here, felt it came up short, some wished it was combined with threat hunting professional so that it could be a more well rounded course. I personally think it beats spending 7k on a SANS course. There was a recent post by @jeremy_dfir stating that he got the IHRP eCIR certification. He seemed to enjoy the content and the exam. Jeremy also has the Threat hunting and the Digitial Forensics certifications from elearnsecurity. You may want to pm him with any questions. 

Thanks for the input! Maybe I was a little hasty in posting this, I will definitely take a look at the other posts. I am really impressed with eLearn and it seems like most I talk to believe the content is very relative and these certs not to be "just a piece of paper" ... as much as that's possible. PTP has been great so far but I hear the labs and Linux Networking are all needed to pass the cert and that there is an overwhelming amount of material to move through... That's one guy though :-)