AWS exams now online in your home

JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
AWS with Pearson VUE now has AWS exams online using webcam proctoring. Please let us know is anyone tries this.

AWS Certification FAQ

Comments

• beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Interesting but am sharing my new work from home office with an Amazon parrot. Nothing like heightening the degree of difficulty of testing taking like a noisy bird or siding being pounded upon while being installed.

In a week or so I would be willing to give it go. Let's see and thanks for the tip!

- b/eads
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    beads said:
    Interesting but am sharing my new work from home office with an Amazon parrot. Nothing like heightening the degree of difficulty of testing taking like a noisy bird or siding being pounded upon while being installed.

In a week or so I would be willing to give it go. Let's see and thanks for the tip!

- b/eads
    Amazon Parrot?  Is that like having an Amazon Echo that agrees with you all the time?  I need that kind of affirmation in my life. 
  • jayc71jayc71 Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just took their online proctored exam yesterday, AWS Developer Associate.  

The format is really convenient, once the exam begins it is exactly like taking one at a testing center.  You have to download the testing app at the time of the exam, it sends you a text link and walks you through taking pictures of your test environment (4 angles of the room) and of your ID.  You upload that, then go back to the PC app and wait for a proctor to come online.  (only took about a minute for me, but they say it can be longer)  The proctor will be able to see your camera video (guess I should add that you need a camera), and will ask you to move the camera so that they can see your desk to make sure you don't have a book open or another computer.  After that, they start the exam and you're off.  You will see a small box on the screen that shows your video, which they can see, and tells you that you're being recorded. You can move that box around as well, so that it doesn't cover any questions or buttons. 

When the exam ends you get asked the standard survey questions and then you are presented with your result.  When you end the exam the app just closes, you'll get your official result email within about 24hrs.  
    CISSP, CCSP, CCSK, Sec+, AWS CSA/Developer/Sysops Admin Associate, AWS CSA Pro, AWS Security - Specialty, ITILv3, Scrummaster, MS, BS, AS, my head hurts.
  • denisehiltondenisehilton Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That's the best news I've got so far during this Pandemic. I've been preparing it for months and now I am finally ready to give the exam.
  • LonerVampLonerVamp Member Posts: 518 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hmm, I honestly have three others computers on my desk at any given time. Maybe I'd need to find a different spot from which to take my exam? I can easily turn the others off.

Security Engineer/Analyst/Geek, Red & Blue Teams
    OSCP, GCFA, GWAPT, CISSP, OSWP, AWS SA-A, AWS Security, Sec+, Linux+, CCNA Cyber Ops, CCSK
    2021 goals: maybe AWAE or SLAE, bunch o' courses and red team labs?
  • jayc71jayc71 Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    LonerVamp said:
    Hmm, I honestly have three others computers on my desk at any given time. Maybe I'd need to find a different spot from which to take my exam? I can easily turn the others off.
    Same.  I just took my laptop into a spare bedroom with a small desk and took it there.  Here's Pearsonvue's FAQ, it doesn't specifically say anything about other computers on your desk.  There's also a live chat help feature, maybe you can just ask before the exam.

https://home.pearsonvue.com/aws/onvue
    CISSP, CCSP, CCSK, Sec+, AWS CSA/Developer/Sysops Admin Associate, AWS CSA Pro, AWS Security - Specialty, ITILv3, Scrummaster, MS, BS, AS, my head hurts.