Options

it happen at CC

lo9manlo9man Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
last week I had an interview in CCity the guy asked me why i want work with them so I answer the reality "am new in this country and I try to find a job" so pple advice me that the better entry-level is BBuy and CCity so here I am. So the guy was pissed off and he said "we r not here to satisfy someone who dont have alot of opportunities" and they will send me an answer via mail after 2 to 3 weeks. but after 36 hours i recieved the routine email that they dont hire they r full and I have to wait 60 days icon_sad.gif
I really need this job so what I have to do can I apply in CCity in another place or i have to wait 60 days.
Can i call the manager and ask him the real reason ??

Comments

• Options
    OlajuwonOlajuwon Inactive Imported Users Posts: 356
    The guy who interviewed you must be very rude. Most best buy and circuit city employees are kids with no real IT skills or students that need a part time job. The guy hiring knows that pretty well.

In reality, you should always appear confident. Always act like you will be of great help to them and that they will benefit from hiring you as much as you will benifit from being hired. No employers want to hear that they are last on your list(last resort). Good luck next time and learn from your mistake.
    "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    I agree you have to convince the employeer you want to work there and thats your goal. They wont want to hear that its a last resort as lo9man said.

You dont have to lie because you do want to work there just dont tell them the part about you not being able to find anything else. Imagine it the other way around, if they contacted you and said we have already asked eveyone else and your our last resort do you want to work for us? You wouldnt be very thrilled at the idea.

As mentioned learn from it, wait the 60 days and try again.

You can always try BB in the meantime.

Good luck with the job hunting!
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    lo9manlo9man Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sie wrote:
    I agree you have to convince the employeer you want to work there and thats your goal. They wont want to hear that its a last resort as lo9man said.
    i dont tell him u r my lat resort I tell him i contact CC because its the first distination for pple who want job like BB. honestly anyone in entry-level where did he go ????
  • Options
    dagger1xdagger1x Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    In your post you say the interviewer told you"we are not here to satisfy somone who dont have alot of opportunities". What the interviewer thinks and the impression you left him with is that you want this job because its the only job you can get and that as soon as you have enough experience you plan to leave. When an interviewer asks you why you want to worki at that company you tell them only very positive things even if you have to embellish a little. Say things like, "I think Circuit City is a great company, they pay well and I have a good benefit package". Or, "I love computers and electronics and CC is on the cutting edge of of this technology, I hope to advance my career, move up the chain of command and one day be a powerful asset to this company".