Options

2 months enough study time?

Thomas ElliotThomas Elliot Member Posts: 10 ■■■□□□□□□□
I’m planning on studying a minimum of a hour a day for the next 2 months and taking the CISA at the beginning of June. I needed a pivot from the CISSP, I’ve been trying to crack that thing since 2017 and it just hasn’t happened for me. I’ve got the QAE and the manual, testing around 65% after a few days of the QAE. 
Trying to realistically plan out the rest of my year, ideally I’d like to knock out the CISA, move onto the CISM which shouldn’t take as long and then circle back to my old foe of the CISSP in 2021.
Appreciate the help!

Answers

• Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,231 ■■■■■■■■■■
    This may not be helpful, but I don't honestly think anyone else can tell you how much time is needed for exam prep. Hands-on experience with the job practice areas is the X-factor that varies per individual. Two months can be plenty of time for some while others may only need two weeks. Because of the requirements to become certified I assume you do have some audit experience so I wonder if you are testing at 65% after a few days of studying completely new concepts. 

I do think it is a good idea to go back to back with ISACA and (ISC)2 exams because of the material overlap which I believe will lead to shorter study times for each - depending on your experience of course :-)

Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS