CEH Practical Scholarship

D4rk_sp1d3rD4rk_sp1d3r Registered Users Posts: 6 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi.

I already have a CEH and recently applied for the CEH practical scholarship. I got accepted but I was surprised that there is a 99USD fee for processing. I plan on getting more knowledge into penetration testing and have been trying to hack some boxes from hack the box. My CEH will expire in June 2021 and to be re-certified, you need to pay 80USD with continuing education. I dont have any issues with continuing education because I study continously as required by my company. Do you know if getting this 99USD CEH will still be valuable for me? Can you provide some information about the course content on the CEH Practical. What does this include? For scholarship grants, do they allow taking the exam next year so the CEH can have another year? Thank you in advance.

Regards.
Ronald

Comments

• stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    At this point, I think the cert is too new to be well recognized. However, I do applaud EC-Council for adding it. If you work in a segment of the industry that values the CEH, getting the practical probably won't add a lot of value but for $99, I wouldn't consider it a waste, either. Can you use the cert for continuing education units for another cert (such as Security+)?
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • gbutlergbutler Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi D4rk_sp1d3r, i have question so apart from 99$ fee, so they give training materials and lab access.
    Achieved : GCIH, CEH
    Certification Goals :  ECCPT, OSCP, CISSP, CCNA CyberOps, CCIE, WIFU

• D4rk_sp1d3rD4rk_sp1d3r Registered Users Posts: 6 ■■■□□□□□□□
    no training materials. you only get a voucher for taking the practical exam which is access to the actual lab.1 time use good for 1 year. 
  • gbutlergbutler Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
    no training materials. you only get a voucher for taking the practical exam which is access to the actual lab.1 time use good for 1 year. 

Thanks Buddy, so only Exam Lab based on exam blueprint found on CEH site  : CEH-Exam-Blueprint-v3.0
    Thank you for quick response, really appreciate

Achieved : GCIH, CEH
    Certification Goals :  ECCPT, OSCP, CISSP, CCNA CyberOps, CCIE, WIFU

• da3monarchda3monarch Member Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

It consists of 20 challenges, and you need to complete at least 14 of them.
    I confirm that there are no course/preparation materials. You will have to exploit all the knowledge acquired in the CEH program. Another point is that when you have both CEH and CEH practical, you become a CEH Master (sounds nice isn't it?). It also means that you appear on the EC Council CEH Master Leaderboard. They calculate your rank on many things, such as times spent to finish the exam, your scores, etc.

I hope this will help. Good luck and enjoy your time!

Serge