Options

studying 70-270? Question

sunismine13sunismine13 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
hello there,
Newbie from Australia here.
I just started studying my 70-270 exam but as i have only just moved to london i only have my laptop that has windows XP HOME.
Am i able to do all the study needed with the MSPRESS 70-270 book without needing or installing windows XP pro??

I dont plan on doing this as a brain-**** type of thing, i just dont want to install the trial version of XP pro then uninstall and go back to XP home after.

How are the CBT nuggets Video Tutorials, are they very imformative?

Thankx
Chris

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I would think you probably could, but it would be much easier to have a couple computers with XP pro on them to practice. Is there a particular reason to stay with Home Vs. Pro? The CBT nuggets are a very good resource, but still I recco an install of XP Pro to work with...
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    hey,
    Well i dont actually have a copy of windows XP Pro and i use this computer as my main pc. I have used windows XP Pro before.
    If i want to install windows XP PRO i would rather buy the Upgrade from home but cant do that for a couple of weeks.
    I have no way of getting my hands on any Other computers.
    Do you think the CBT nuggets Videos would be a good subsitute for the AD and Policys Sections If i dont get XP PRO?

Regards
    Chris.
  • Options
    raiedraied Member Posts: 93 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well here are some key fetures you will not have on Win XP home:

1. Does not support Dynamic disks
    2. Does not support Print permissions
    3. Does not support NTFS permissions
    4. Does not come with IIS
    5. Can not join a Domain

Number 5 is not a biggie for the 70-270 exam. You will need to decide if you need the practice for NTFS and Print permissions and creating Dyanmic Disks.
  • Options
    in your experience do you think that those areas will be hard to learn without having the hands on experience?
    I have just order the CBT nuggets video tutorial which I have heard from many people to be quite good...