Azure Fundamentals AZ-900

orange81orange81 Registered Users Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
Has anyone passed the AZ-900?

Which study resources did you use?

What's a good resource for practice exams which are not brain ****? I heard UDEMY might possibly be brain ****?

Comments

• spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    edited September 2020
    You could probably pass with the free Microsoft Learn course. There’s an official instructor led AZ900 course with labs. Probably overkill. The exam literally takes a solutions architect approach to providing a cloud solution to an organization. Either hybrid or dedicated cloud. And using all of the different services, tools, etc.
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Several people here have passed AZ-900. You can simply do a search on AZ-900 passed threads to see the resources that were used. The free Microsoft material was good enough in my opinion. 
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • orange81orange81 Registered Users Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Several people here have passed AZ-900. You can simply do a search on AZ-900 passed threads to see the resources that were used. The free Microsoft material was good enough in my opinion. 

Thanks E Double U. So you were able to pass it with just the Microsoft material and nothing else, not even practice exams?
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Here is my post 18-January-2020:

Score: 841

Didn't have a strong desire to take this exam, but management recently announced that it is required. Free training and exam voucher so why not. I used the following to prepare:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/paths/azure-fundamentals/ (free and requires between 9 to 10 hours)

One day training which came with a Skillpipe account. The material is the same as the free stuff from Microsoft above so I skimmed through it. 

Only strange experience in all of this was I tried to take the exam from home 5 weeks ago, but the proctor never showed up. I really wanted to get this done before my winter vacation and add it to my 2019 accomplishments for my performance dialogue with management. Oh well.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Neil86Neil86 Member Posts: 182 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I passed this exam using the free Microsoft material and some practice tests from Udemy (~$10). The practice tests were very helpful IMO. I also had some prior experience with Azure, but nothing too in depth.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I am doing AZ900 soon and came across this resource: https://marczak.io/az-900/ which seems good.
  • logisticalstyleslogisticalstyles Member Posts: 150 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks @cyberguypr ! This looks very helpful!