Azure Fundamentals AZ-900

orange81orange81 Registered Users Posts: 9 ■■■□□□□□□□
Has anyone passed the AZ-900?

Which study resources did you use?

What's a good resource for practice exams which are not brain ****? I heard UDEMY might possibly be brain ****?

Comments

• spiderjerichospiderjericho CCNA, CCNP Enterprise, CISSP, CASP, SEC+, Pentest+, CYSA+, CISA, CGEIT, CRISC, CISM, VCP 6.7 San DiegoRegistered Users, Member Posts: 857 ■■■■□□□□□□
    edited September 27
    You could probably pass with the free Microsoft Learn course. There’s an official instructor led AZ900 course with labs. Probably overkill. The exam literally takes a solutions architect approach to providing a cloud solution to an organization. Either hybrid or dedicated cloud. And using all of the different services, tools, etc.
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 1,788 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Several people here have passed AZ-900. You can simply do a search on AZ-900 passed threads to see the resources that were used. The free Microsoft material was good enough in my opinion. 
    Alphabet soup: CISSP, CCSP, CISM, CISA, GDSA, GPEN, GCIA, GCIH, GCCC, CEH, Azure Fundamentals, Azure Security Engineer Associate, ITIL 4 Foundation, and more.

2020 goals: AZ-900, AZ-500, GDSA, ITILv4

"You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." - Homer Simpson
  • orange81orange81 Registered Users Posts: 9 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Several people here have passed AZ-900. You can simply do a search on AZ-900 passed threads to see the resources that were used. The free Microsoft material was good enough in my opinion. 

Thanks E Double U. So you were able to pass it with just the Microsoft material and nothing else, not even practice exams?
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 1,788 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Here is my post 18-January-2020:

Score: 841

Didn't have a strong desire to take this exam, but management recently announced that it is required. Free training and exam voucher so why not. I used the following to prepare:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/paths/azure-fundamentals/ (free and requires between 9 to 10 hours)

One day training which came with a Skillpipe account. The material is the same as the free stuff from Microsoft above so I skimmed through it. 

Only strange experience in all of this was I tried to take the exam from home 5 weeks ago, but the proctor never showed up. I really wanted to get this done before my winter vacation and add it to my 2019 accomplishments for my performance dialogue with management. Oh well.
    Alphabet soup: CISSP, CCSP, CISM, CISA, GDSA, GPEN, GCIA, GCIH, GCCC, CEH, Azure Fundamentals, Azure Security Engineer Associate, ITIL 4 Foundation, and more.

2020 goals: AZ-900, AZ-500, GDSA, ITILv4

"You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." - Homer Simpson
  • Neil86Neil86 Member Member Posts: 169 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I passed this exam using the free Microsoft material and some practice tests from Udemy (~$10). The practice tests were very helpful IMO. I also had some prior experience with Azure, but nothing too in depth.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Senior Member Mod Posts: 6,912 Mod
    I am doing AZ900 soon and came across this resource: https://marczak.io/az-900/ which seems good.