AWS classes now available at Stanly Community College

STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
Get  Amazon Web Services  (AWS) certified with classes at Stanly Community College’s IT Academy (SCC/ITA). We offer a course in AWS Cloud Foundations which prepares students for the AWS Cloud Practitioner certification exam. To ensure you are contacted for a virtual seat in our January 13th class, please enter your information on our IT Academy wait-list at https://itacademy.stanly.edu/waitlist.aspx

If you are interested, please enter your information on our waitlist at https://itacademy.stanly.edu/waitlist.aspx.  We also offer classes in Cisco, Red Hat, AWS, Palo Alto Networks, MS, & Programming & Scripting.  You can read more about these classes on our website https://www.stanly.edu/it-academy

Feel free to contact us!

Tagged:

Comments

• chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Is it free?

No, but the total cost of tuition and lab fees is only $85.50.
  • Falcon56Falcon56 Member Posts: 94 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just completed this course. It was 4 weeks and a great introduction to AWS for me. Terry McManus was the instructor and he did a fantastic job. I had questions on two occasions and he answered them very quickly. The videos and modules were laid out very well and I got my hands dirty in the labs. The labs were really cool, I thought.

When I signed up, I thought I had mis-read it and it was $85.50 per credit hour. The entire course is $85.50. If you complete the labs and assignments, you get a voucher for 50% off the certification exam [which makes the cost to you $50]. They also offer a free practice exam. Getting the material, labs and certification exam for $135.50 seemed like a good deal to me. I'm glad I took the course.

I'm hoping they will offer the AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate as well. I will definitely sign up. 

• STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Falcon56 said:
    I just completed this course. It was 4 weeks and a great introduction to AWS for me. Terry McManus was the instructor and he did a fantastic job. I had questions on two occasions and he answered them very quickly. The videos and modules were laid out very well and I got my hands dirty in the labs. The labs were really cool, I thought.

When I signed up, I thought I had mis-read it and it was $85.50 per credit hour. The entire course is $85.50. If you complete the labs and assignments, you get a voucher for 50% off the certification exam [which makes the cost to you $50]. They also offer a free practice exam. Getting the material, labs and certification exam for $135.50 seemed like a good deal to me. I'm glad I took the course.

I'm hoping they will offer the AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate as well. I will definitely sign up. 

Thank you for your comments; we truly appreciate student feedback!  Keep checking with us for additional AWS classes.  We hope to add more in the future. 
    FYI...we are extending this class to fit our current 8 week schedule.  Let us know if you have any other comments, suggestions, or course needs.
    Regards,
    Stanly_CC