Paranoia of 5G

shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
So, I am sure we have all read about the mishap in Nashville over our holidays and they have determined that this guy was terrified of 5G.

What is your take on 5G?

Are you paranoid? 
Are you watching those conspiracy 5G videos online? 
Are you phreaking out about it?

Me, not so much.  :)

Please comment if you would like to elaborate further.
CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP

Comments

• E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    What is your take on 5G? Faster internet, where do I sign?

Are you paranoid? Always, but 5G is not to blame. 
    Are you watching those conspiracy 5G videos online? I am too busy creating my own conspiracy videos to watch anyone else's
    Are you phreaking out about it? I am as cool as a cucumber. 

B) 
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Dude! 5G is way less scary than the things I used to guard for the USAF. If those things don't make you paranoid, and nothing else comes close to those things, then 5G isn't even on my radar.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    No, not paranoid at all about it. People are paranoid about everything. Now we have the internet and the media trying to push some weird "The <insert party here> are trying to get you!" agenda to scare people for ratings and for whatever other reasons you can come up with (think about paranoia!). 

Not watching the paranoid conspiracy theories online. I've seen some for other things and it's just comical. All fictional with sources from some weird websites with no credentials or peer review or anything. People buy that as fact, though, and it spreads like wildfire. Can't argue with them, either. Because they think education is a scam and an indoctrination scheme or something. 

I'm not concerned about it. Being in this industry, you kind of know about some things. It's all pretty standard stuff and nothing really mind blowing (unless you turn it up too high). :)  
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    shochan said:
    So, I am sure we have all read about the mishap in Nashville over our holidays and they have determined that this guy was terrified of 5G.

What is your take on 5G?

Are you paranoid? 
    Are you watching those conspiracy 5G videos online? 
    Are you phreaking out about it?

Me, not so much.  :)

Please comment if you would like to elaborate further.

yeah I watched couple conspiracy videos. Then I re-watched them with a doctor family member, it was eye opening the amount of BS in those conspiracy videos specially the medical stuff that I didn't know about.

As a rule, I don't concern myself with things I have no control over
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Are you paranoid? After giving up watching the news I am not.
    Are you watching those conspiracy 5G videos online? no
    Are you phreaking out about it? no
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    edited January 2021
    I am not paranoid at all.

I am thinking about upgrading my home internet from 4G to 5G but the current offers are not Good.
    Cost 54 US$ Monthly.
    Data Cap 550 GB.
    5G Speed 40/10 Mbps.

I also have a fiber connection which is not better.
    Cost 43$ US$ Monthly.
    Data Cap 450 GB.
    Speed 20/2 Mbps.