Options

new here

marciaczoommarciaczoom Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just passed Comptia Security+ exam. I have been advised to take the A+ next. What do you suggest?
Thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    balancebalance Member Posts: 244 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Are you just spamming different discussion threads? 
  • Options
    Im new I may have done something wrong. Trying to figure how this forum works.
  • Options
    balancebalance Member Posts: 244 ■■■■■□□□□□
    People post questions or topics ,  then   other individuals usually respond with a relevant answer or their own person thoughts on the subject being discussed . ?
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations on passing Security+. To determine what you should do next depends on what your goals are. With Security+ I assume you are going the info sec route so then I do not see why you would do A+. You have not shared enough information for any guidance to be provided.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    E Double U...I appreciate your insight. You are right, I need to come up with a career path or two. I am interested in CyberSecurity. I have been out of the IT industry for a while, and I am trying to gain footing again.

Background is BS Computer Information Systems, 10+ years IT various programming positions, some management. Now I am trying to broaden my knowledge base...feel like I have gaps.
  • Options
    SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□

Background is BS Computer Information Systems, 10+ years IT various programming positions, some management. Now I am trying to broaden my knowledge base...feel like I have gaps.
    Unless you need help to get a helpdesk job, then A+ is not useful at all. With Comptia, you could do CYSA+ or Pentest+ depending if you prefer the defensive or offensive side.