Did not pass PMP 12-31-20

balancebalance MBA,CISSP-ISSMP,CISM,CISA,CRISC,CDSPE,CASP,CEH,CSM,ITIL V3,V4 Found,Sec+,Net+,Project+, ITF+Member Posts: 203 ■■■■□□□□□□

PMP kicked me in the yesterday. Score report was not even a respectable attempt IMO. I watched a few videos from the PMP precast and I am not sure how much those helped.  In 2016 I took a prep course for PMP, felt overwhelmed and actually did not sit for the exam. I think I will need to put at least 3-4 months of solid PMP only prep into 2021. The sad thing is I have to get CGEIT, CCNA, Linux+, Network+. 

Everything but CGEIT is a work requirement for my current position.  Can't find any boot camps to actually attend here in Kuwait.  I did read the PMP official book once, but perhaps I need to read it 2X and make flashcards.  All in all, not the end of the world and having sat for PMP once, it took a large amount of the edge off. 

Comments

• spiderjerichospiderjericho CCNA, CCNP Enterprise, CISSP, CASP, SEC+, Pentest+, CYSA+, CISA, CGEIT, CRISC, CISM, VCP 6.7 San DiegoRegistered Users, Member Posts: 860 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Maybe the key is to study the PMBOK or one of those cert guides. Some of it could be the time in between.
  • balancebalance MBA,CISSP-ISSMP,CISM,CISA,CRISC,CDSPE,CASP,CEH,CSM,ITIL V3,V4 Found,Sec+,Net+,Project+, ITF+ Member Posts: 203 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yep  I  think the same . I will read the PMBOK  twice and then go to another bootcamp.   
  • DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Teradata Assc 16, Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014, CSM Member Posts: 2,609 ■■■■■■■■■□
    edited January 4
    It's not an easy exam.  You'll get it next time.  Flash cards worked well for me.  
  • swampratswamprat Member Posts: 76 ■■■□□□□□□□
    PMBOK is definitely way to go, and agree, it's definitely not an easy test.  I haven't taken the PMP, but took the CAPM, which in theory was easier, and even that was a rough test.  Keep at it!
  • DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Teradata Assc 16, Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014, CSM Member Posts: 2,609 ■■■■■■■■■□
    GET THE FLASHCARDS.  Helped me with the RMP and CAPM!  
  • scascscasc Member Posts: 375 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Have heard this PMP exam simulator software is one of the best prep's out there - have not used myself but I know of a couple ppl who only used this to pass.
    MSc, BSc (Hons), AWS CSA, C-CISO, CISSP, CCSP, CCSK, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GSTRT, GSNA, GDSA, GCSA, GCCC, CEH, ECSA, CHFI, TOGAF, CISMP