Starting my Network + studying

D20D20 MemberMember Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey everyone,
I just started my journey. I'm excited to see where it goes and I'm hoping a learn a ton along the way!!!
I probably won't try to take the certification test for a 9 months to a year. I work full time and have a family, so I am on a steady diet of waking up at 4am to get my studying in for the day. :)

Materials I have:
Mike Meyer's book
Professor Messer's Notes printed out
Jason Dion's coarse on Udemy and his Practice Tests
Craig Zacker's Test Book

Here is to learn and further my education! :)
Certifications: A+ Sec+
2020 Goals: Pass VMware Foundations Exam

Comments

• itdeptitdept A+, S+, L+, LPIC1, CCNA, CCP, ITIL, AWS CSAA Registered Users Posts: 212 ■■■■■□□□□□
    All the best! You can probably do the exam in about 6 months time
  • D20D20 Member Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    itdept said:
    I hope you are right. I’m trying to get in about 1-3 hours of study time per day. 

I should also add I purchased an app so that I can quiz myself and also have Flashcards I can go through as well. 

I’m excited to learn more that will help me with my job!
    Certifications: A+ Sec+
    2020 Goals: Pass VMware Foundations Exam
  • Johnhe0414Johnhe0414 A+, Network+, Security+, Project+ USA, CARegistered Users Posts: 159 ■■■■□□□□□□
    itdept said:

I agree, six months should be a good time frame for this test - God Luck
    Current:  A+ | Network+ | Project+ |Security+
    Working on: Cysa+
  • AmbrosiusAmbrosius Ambrosius Hervillianus Member Posts: 4 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey ! Although I should make a more complete post on my "case". Let me give you some tips that helped me pass with 812 on my first try as I had no Networking experience 3 months before studying. 

Just take notes! 

I see you passed A+ and Security+, so I won't have a lot of tips to give you but this precious one. Indeed, as I had no experience in Networking and N10-007 was my first certification exam ever, I decided to be very cautious about my study plan. 

What I did is simply to take every subject from every domain and write it in my own words in order to see if I understood it. (please note that I used the same materials as you). 
    I did it with the mentality of : "Try to explain it to a children, then to an adult and finally to a professional in IT."

Now I have a complete folder of almost 60 pages. All I have done is paper and pen work, I think I remember better by writing the old fashion way :p 

For the PBQs, well you see how it goes, but in all honesty I found them super easy... just to say. 

Wishing you the best of luck! 
    Network+ CE