EJPT done

SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
One more done.. 

I had bought the elearnsecurity eJPT in late 2019 before knowing I will go to SANS Sec560 class (GPEN), so this class had sit for a while. I review the material and did the exam. It's a nice exam, you have to hack some VM/network and answer some multiple-choice question. So it is all hands-on, a bit basic, but don't get fooled, it really test the basics of pentesting (recon, nmap,  basic metasploit, pivoting, web app etc..). You have 3 days to complete the test. I took something around 9-10h, but I lost a lot of time on trying to root a box before choosing to find an alternative way. 

Comments

• chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    edited February 2021
    Hey congrats Steve! From what I remember reading, this is one down out at how many you have planned this year? I know you have like 3 years INE subscription now too. 
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Thanks @chrisone

Yes it is one done in my overly ambitious 2021 plan.  OSCP may be replaced by eCPPTv2 as I have the INE subscription already.. and there is much overlap. Currently I have 2 projects, eCPPTv2 and my background reading are in the CISM/CISA area (an addition to the 2021 plan), so I may be added. 

Still waiting for budget approval and better COVID condition for GCIH, I prefer to go in-person for a 7K$ class.