Options

Should I consider Microsoft?

jacky6jacky6 Member Posts: 9 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi everyone! 
I am a recent cybersecurity graduate studying for my Security+ exam. I already have CCNA and CCNP as well as IBM and ACE certificates.I have seen a bunch of jobs positions where they mention the applicants need to have MCSA or MCSE certifications. As cybersecurity being my main focus and pathway all the way up to being a Certified Ethical Hacker or Penetration Tester, should I bother to have Microsoft's certifications under my arsenal? Or it might be a waste of time and money? I haven't done much research but I was hoping anyone with more experience to have any insight on this. 

Thank you. 

Comments

• Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,231 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Cybersecurity has been my main focus for years now and I do not see any roles in my area that request MCSA or MCSE. My employer pushed most of us to get Azure credentials, but outside of that the most requested credentials I have seen are from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, etc. With your goal of being a red teamer I would say go the Offensive Security and/or eLearn Security route. 
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    If you want to do penetration testing, it is vital for you to learn Active Directory. Almost every Enterprise network--physical or Cloud--uses AD. And every place Microsoft is there is also Azure. Therefore, consider studying the MS certs that cover AD and Azure.