Options

1st attempt - Failed by 1.3 percent

xanderuk2xanderuk2 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
Yep, not bad for a 1st attempt, even though I really wanted to pass icon_twisted.gif
My final mark was 837 out of 1000, which by my calculation is a fail by around 1.3%? Prob missed it by one correct answer. Re taking it again this Friday.
I know where I went wrong on several questions.

I'm putting the failure down to nerves rather than lack of knowledge because I found the exam generally ok.

So, do I take heart from my near miss? or cry over my keyboard....
Well to be honest I felt like screaming when I failed by such a small amount, but it's not out of my reach, and I'll nail it next time.

To all those that fail, don't let it beat you. You'll get there

EDIT: Got off to a flying start, FAQ read. My appologies for breaking the rules :) It wont happen again

~Rob

Comments

• Options
    forbeslforbesl Member Posts: 454
  • Options
    Sorry mate, I know they say a picture = a thousand words but I'm not sure what your saying? icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You failed by 1.857%, 13/700x100, NDA!!
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    Almost 2% then :)

1st post edited.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The important thing now is to not let it bother you. Use your 5 day waiting time to study some more and review. Now that you've seen the exam, you should have a better idea of what to expect for next time.

Good Luck! :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Thanks for the words of encouragement :)

I finnished with about 4 mins remaining. Got into a bit of a fluster on the 1st simulation question.....wasted far too much time on it.

Does it affect your trobleshooting score if you spend too long on a sim question?
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    xanderuk2 wrote:
    Does it affect your trobleshooting score if you spend too long on a sim question?
    No.

You just don't want to spend too much time on any one questions (of any type). They suggest no more than 10 minutes on a sim.... you might take a couple more if you think you are close, but at some point you have to move on.

Yep, time management is important on the exam.... but you did finish on the right side of the clock. icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Thanks for clearing that up :)

By the way, thats a very impressive list of certs you have.
    Good luck with your CCIE exams when they come round!
  • Options
    therainesmantherainesman Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I got the exact same score today . . . a 837 put of 1000. Twelve more points (one question) and I would have passed!!! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

I got stuck on a sim at the beginning, and spent somewhere around 25 minutes on it. crash.gif I still don't think I got it working right. I had to rush thru the rest of it. I answered the last 6 questions in 3 minutes, including one simlet. Finished with 6 seconds to spare. I didn't think I had a chance, but I was close.

Taking it early next week . . . I'll keep everyone posted!!
  • Options
    arayaray Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

Do you mind if I ask what the question you got stuck on was about? - i'm trying to get a feel for the content of the exams.

Thanks,
    Andrew
    I got the exact same score today . . . a 837 put of 1000. Twelve more points (one question) and I would have passed!!! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

I got stuck on a sim at the beginning, and spent somewhere around 25 minutes on it. crash.gif I still don't think I got it working right. I had to rush thru the rest of it. I answered the last 6 questions in 3 minutes, including one simlet. Finished with 6 seconds to spare. I didn't think I had a chance, but I was close.

Taking it early next week . . . I'll keep everyone posted!!
  • Options
    therainesmantherainesman Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    aray wrote:
    Hi,

Do you mind if I ask what the question you got stuck on was about? - i'm trying to get a feel for the content of the exams.

Thanks,
    Andrew

Without violating my NDA, I will tell you that OSPF, STP and VTP were the three most promenent parts of my exam that stick out to me.

I have to wait until next Friday to take the exam again. I wanted to take it sooner than that since I was so close, but the scheduling worked out that way.

-Out