Options

Cisco 1700 Router

jlhctjlhct Member Posts: 92 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I have access to an old Cisco 1700 router. Would this be beneficial to my study for the CCNA test or is it too old?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yes.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    xanderuk2xanderuk2 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yep, great Routers for a home lab. As far as I can remember they come with 2 WIC slots, so you have a variety of WAN interfaces at your disposal (assuming you can cet hold of the WAN Interface Cards.
    As well as a native FastEthernet and Aux port.
    Well, the 1721 on my desk does anyway.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your opinion. They don't have the cards, they were taken out during the double t-1 upgrade to install in the 2600 series we upgraded to. I think eBay will be my friend in this case :)
  • Options
    Yes, it looks like this one has those same 2 ports as well
    xanderuk2 wrote:
    Yep, great Routers for a home lab. As far as I can remember they come with 2 WIC slots, so you have a variety of WAN interfaces at your disposal (assuming you can cet hold of the WAN Interface Cards.
    As well as a native FastEthernet and Aux port.
    Well, the 1721 on my desk does anyway.
  • Options
    TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    jlhct wrote:
    Thanks everyone for your opinion. They don't have the cards, they were taken out during the double t-1 upgrade to install in the 2600 series we upgraded to. I think eBay will be my friend in this case :)
    Don't fall off your chair... The wic-eth card for it is $100+... I have one on my desk w/ csu/dsu interface and am debating whether or not I want to spend the cash.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps221/products_data_sheet09186a0080088714.html
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?
  • Options
    HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    Look hard enough on ebay and you can find them for around 50USD. I have 5 1720 routers here at home and they are excellent
    Now working full time!
  • Options
    Look hard enough on ebay and you can find them for around 50USD. I have 5 1720 routers here at home and they are excellent

Thanks, i'll take a look!! :)