Options

VLSM & subnet zero question

kadshahkadshah Member Posts: 388 ■■■□□□□□□□
Does Cisco consider subnet-zero valid on their exams? I read that it doesn't. Will there be any question related to VLSM?

-k

Comments

• Options
    nuglobenuglobe Member Posts: 190
    Unless they ask for you to include subnet zero dont. VLSM yes, I have hear there is.
    GenshiroGuide: My blog about things I found useful. Now with videos. :)
  • Options
    kadshahkadshah Member Posts: 388 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    skaeightskaeight Member Posts: 130
    Lammle doesn't specifically address whether or not you should assume the use of subnet zero, however it does say that 'ip subnet-zero' is enabled by default on IOS 12.x +. Does this have any bearing on the exam?
  • Options
    HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    Dont see why this is so taunting to people...There is nothing to it... 2^n-2 !!!!!!
    Now working full time!
  • Options
    The two books I read said that Cisco doesn't suggest using subnet zero because of possible confusion, thus it won't be used on the CCNA. Perhaps someone else can way in.
  • Options
    Dont see why this is so taunting to people...There is nothing to it... 2^n-2 !!!!!!

Its not difficult! Its that if you assume one way or the other your answer will be wrong by -+1. That would be stupid to get the problem wrong because of something like that.
  • Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    nuglobe wrote:
    Unless they ask for you to include subnet zero dont.

Correct, Im sure if you search subnet-zero you'll find countless discussions all resulting in the above answer.So please no more...
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$