Options

Just curious...

jpeezy55jpeezy55 Member Posts: 255
Is anyone who already has A+ Certification planning on taking any of the new exams to upgrade your status? I was just reading on CompTIA's site that there are 3 new parts to go along with what they now call A+ Essentials (which replaces Core). Anyway, I guess these new ones focus more on Help Desk with one exam and actual physical repair-work, bench work, on another. If you have A+, you don't need to take the Essentials part, just one of the other 3...then I wonder, could you call youself A+ and A+ Helpdesk (or whatever they'll call it) and have more certs to list?

Anyway, I'm just curious if any of the current A+ guys plan on upgrading or if they are not going to worry about this one... icon_confused.gif:
Tech Support: "Ok, so your monitor is not working, the screen is blank, and no matter what you do it stays blank? Do you see that button on the bottom right hand side just below the screen? Press it. . . . Great, talk to you next time!"

Comments

• Options
    raiedraied Member Posts: 93 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I will not do the new A+ unless it counts as another certification (i.e. - A+, A+ Network Support, etc).
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    There is no 'upgrade' so, no I will not be taking the A+ again.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?