This has to be a joke. $80 per day!?

LenniusceLenniusce Member Posts: 114 ■■■■□□□□□□

In Progress: CCNA:DEVNET or CISSP Done: PMP | A+ | N+ | S+ | L+ | P+ | MCSA 2016 | CCNA | CCNA:S(exp) | LPIC1(exp) | MBA IT Management | MS Information Systems

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    In what country is the job located?
  • bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If this is in the US, it looks like a case of some contractor trying to outsource this position. It happens more than you think, but you get better pay if you work at McDonald's.
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Damn I'd turn down jobs that pay $70 a hour, someone is a little out of touch with the current market rates.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • LenniusceLenniusce Member Posts: 114 ■■■■□□□□□□
    JDMurray said:
    Went back and looked when you asked: UK
    In Progress: CCNA:DEVNET or CISSP Done: PMP | A+ | N+ | S+ | L+ | P+ | MCSA 2016 | CCNA | CCNA:S(exp) | LPIC1(exp) | MBA IT Management | MS Information Systems
  • yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Could always take the job and then re-outsource to someone on fiver.com for $10 per day. Whoever this wannabe hustler is will get probably the same quality in the end.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Could be an error - hourly rate rather than daily. Also, not sure why it’s quoted in $ not £ if UK based. 

This type of thing I’ve seen is from the Indian consultancies that typically charge a lot less when bidding and then to compensate for margins will try getting someone to do the nitty gritty work for peanuts whilst they keep the bulk of the income. 
    AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Lenniusce said:
    JDMurray said:
    Went back and looked when you asked: UK

The money is in UK pounds and this is a normal rate for UK. Comparing it to the US market is pointless. Completely different tax system, standard/cost of living, etc.
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□
    UnixGuy said:
    The money is in UK pounds and this is a normal rate for UK. Comparing it to the US market is pointless. Completely different tax system, standard/cost of living, etc.
    I do not think is normal rate for UK. Not for Senior Position. However it is possible it is "low ball" offer to catch some desperate

https://www.itjobswatch.co.uk/contracts/uk/senior network engineer.do
    I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry

xx+ certs...and I'm not counting anymore

• scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Yep agreed not a normal rate for UK. Something has gone amiss here. Standard rate for this type of work is roughly £400-600 a day. Depending on company, location, technologies etc. 
    AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...
  • COBOL_DOS_ERACOBOL_DOS_ERA Member Posts: 205 ■■■■■□□□□□
    scasc said:
    Could be an error - hourly rate rather than daily. Also, not sure why it’s quoted in $ not £ if UK based. 

This type of thing I’ve seen is from the Indian consultancies that typically charge a lot less when bidding and then to compensate for margins will try getting someone to do the nitty gritty work for peanuts whilst they keep the bulk of the income. 

I was about to say the same, gotta be some Indian recruiting agency. Thank GOD they did not say, W-2 will be verified for that rate. 
    CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, PMP, PMI-ACP, SEC+, ITIL V3, A-CSM. And Many More.