Passed Security+ today

sameysamey Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Thanks to the forum including all the members for the valuable information posted here..... I passed today with a great score. My study materials included Sybex(2nd ed.), Exam Cram2(Practice Questions)..... Thanks once again guys.....

Comments

• Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    Congratulations! Soon I hope to post a pass too.
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Danman32 wrote:
    Ditto! :)
    All things are possible, only believe.
    sprkymrk wrote:
    Danman32 wrote:

Ditto as in you hope to pass, or you hope I pass? If the former, I hope you pass too.
    Danman32 wrote:
    sprkymrk wrote:
    Danman32 wrote:

Ditto as in you hope to pass, or you hope I pass? If the former, I hope you pass too.
    How about both? :)
    I'm about a week out from taking it. You?
    Probably July 10th. I seem to do better early in the week than later. My only two tests I failed were on a Friday. CCNA though I could understand as we were encouraged to take it right after the course since the training center was offering 2 retakes.

Failing Security+ though was a suprise.

I think I am going to make use of MeasureUp practice exams just to be sure. As an MCP they offer a 25% discount on their material.
  • sameysamey Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    just want to quickly let you guys know, I got a lot of questions from the Cryptography section, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to provide more details but definitely be thorough about Cryptography, Sybex was great..... also practice as many exams as you can to get the timing in control, let me know if you have any more questions, Good Luck guys.....
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
    samey wrote:
    just want to quickly let you guys know, I got a lot of questions from the Cryptography section, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to provide more details but definitely be thorough about Cryptography, Sybex was great..... also practice as many exams as you can to get the timing in control, let me know if you have any more questions, Good Luck guys.....
    Thanks! I have heard cryptography and access control are the killers on this exam.
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!

Good luck to you guys taking it soon! :D
    I usually get stumped on questions where Mandatory access control is the answer. I believe I understand the concept well enough, but the questions that put it in practical application have me confuse it with RBAC.
  • johnnyg5646johnnyg5646 Member Posts: 173
    a little late, but..... CONGRATS!!! :D
    BS - Computer Science
    MS - Computer Information Systems