EnCE - next course/cert

si20si20 Member Posts: 540 ■■■■■□□□□□
This year, I've managed to get the eJPT and the Network+. Next up, i'm going for EnCE. In fact, I've just started EnCE. It looks like it's a huge course. I'll use this thread to document my progress and let you know my thoughts on it as I go along.

If anyone has done it, please also let me know your thoughts too! I've not seen any recent posts about it on the forum.
Tagged:

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray MSIT InfoSec CISSP SSCP GSEC EnCE C|EH Cloud+ CySA+ CASP+ PenTest+ Security+ Surf City, USAAdmin Posts: 12,439 Admin
    I did EnCE v6 about ten years ago, so I'm sure that I won't be much help with the current EnCE cert now. The v6 practical exam was a lot of fun, but the online written exam was a joke.  :)

• si20si20 Member Posts: 540 ■■■■■□□□□□
    What does the written exam involve? My workplace has thrown me into this one. It's not something I'd have chosen to take I don't think!
  • JDMurrayJDMurray MSIT InfoSec CISSP SSCP GSEC EnCE C|EH Cloud+ CySA+ CASP+ PenTest+ Security+ Surf City, USAAdmin Posts: 12,439 Admin
    edited August 26
    As I remember, the written exam was basic digital forensics. You had to pass it before you would be snailed the CD with the practical exam. I got the impression the written exam was to weed-out the people who were just looking to pick up a DF cert for the resume candy and didn't really need to use EnCase. This was 10 years ago; I assume EnCE is all Cloud-based now.
  • chrisonechrisone Senior Member Member Posts: 2,231 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Funny I just started the 210 course. It is a work goal for 2021-2022. Hope to knock it out by November, I really want Dec-January off lol
    Certs: CISSP, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, AZ-900, VHL:Advanced+, Retired Cisco CCNP/SP/DP
    2021 Goals
    Courses: eLearnSecurity - PTXv2 (complete), SANS 699: Purple Team Tactics (completed), PentesterLabs Pro (ongoing)
    EnCase Courses: DF120 (complete), DF210 (in progress), DF310
    Certs: AZ-500, SC-200 (passed), SC-300 (next), EnCE, Splunk Core Power User (passed), Splunk Enterprise Sys Admin