Beginning my AZ-900 journey

D20D20 Member Posts: 124 ■■■■□□□□□□
Started the other day with a course on Pluralsight. I'm now going through Tim Warner's YouTube series.
I'll probably pickup the Udemy practice tests as well soon to test myself once I have gotten through more material. 

I work full time, so I'm hoping to get this one passed and under my belt by the first of the year if not sooner. 

I'm hoping to take the AZ-900 then move on to the AZ-104. This is the plan at least.

Certifications: A+ Sec+ isc(2) CC Google Cybersecurity Certification 2024 Goals: Pass the Network+ Exam

Comments

• trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used MS free learning resources for all my Microsoft certs
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/certifications/exams/az-900

It was enough to pass the exam. In plus - you have access to Azure based free labs
    I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry

xx+ certs...and I'm not counting anymore

• E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I agree with @trojin. The free Microsoft material is more than enough for AZ-900. More than that would be overkill.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • D20D20 Member Posts: 124 ■■■■□□□□□□
    trojin said:

It was enough to pass the exam. In plus - you have access to Azure based free labs
    Many thanks! I'm hoping within a few months I can understand all the material for this exam. We use Azure at work already, but I'm sure there is a lot more I can learn. :)
    This should be a fun journey! I do still need to see what it takes to keep MS certs current every year however.
    Certifications: A+ Sec+ isc(2) CC Google Cybersecurity Certification 2024 Goals: Pass the Network+ Exam
    D20 said:
    trojin said:

Many thanks! I'm hoping within a few months I can understand all the material for this exam. We use Azure at work already, but I'm sure there is a lot more I can learn. :)
    This should be a fun journey! I do still need to see what it takes to keep MS certs current every year however.
    There is always more you can learn within Azure, but you do not need to know a lot to pass the AZ-900 exam.  ;)
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
    D20 said:
    trojin said:

There is always more you can learn within Azure, but you do not need to know a lot to pass the AZ-900 exam.  ;)
    Good to know! I plan on doing the MS learn stuff and making some flash cards for terms, etc. 
    Looking forward to learning up!
  • DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Good luck on your exam journey! Work has mandated me to write the same certification so hopefully I'm looking to clear it in the next month or two when I have some free time.
    D20 said:
    trojin said:

Good to know! I plan on doing the MS learn stuff and making some flash cards for terms. It seems a lot of the AZ-900 is knowing what does what.
    D20 said:
    D20 said:
    trojin said:

Good to know! I plan on doing the MS learn stuff and making some flash cards for terms. It seems a lot of the AZ-900 is knowing what does what.
    Basically yes! You don't need to know how to do it, but what you would need if you did need to do it. 
  • Deáthmáge85Deáthmáge85 Member Posts: 36 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Best of luck to you!
    Certifications: A+, N+, Sec+, Storage+, CySA+, CASP+ (003 & 004), VCP-DCV 5, VCP-DCV/NV 6, MCSE x 2: Core Infrastructure & Productivity (2016), Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator Expert, Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert, Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator, Microsoft 365 Certified: Messaging Administrator, Microsoft 365 Certified: Security Administrator Associate, Microsoft Certified: Azure Virtual Desktop Specialty, Microsoft Certified: Security Operations Analyst Associate, Microsoft Certified: Identity and Access Administrator Associate, Microsoft Certified: Azure Network Engineer Associate

Current Pursuit: Azure & O365 Renewals

:2023 Goals: 
     Certified: Azure Security Engineer Associate (AZ-500), Microsoft Certified: Windows Server Hybrid Administrator Associate (AZ-800 & AZ-801), Microsoft Certified: Azure Cybersecurity Architect (SC-100)

:2024 Goals:
    VCP7-DCV, CCSP, CISSP, CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, CISSP-ISSEP

:2025 Goals:
    Linux+, RHSA, PenTest+, C|EH, OSCP, Azure & O365 Renewals