Options

ISACA Certifications?

VH_2021VH_2021 Member Posts: 5 ■■■□□□□□□□

Hello all, 

Newbie to this forum.  This is Vani from Germany. 
I am looking for some advice. I do hold a Diploma in Risk Management, Certified Enterprise-wide Risk Manager - CERM™ , GRCP and hopefully soon a GRCA (OCEG). I am on a career break until end 2022 and exploring the possibilities of either CRISC or CGEIT (or both, since I have the time). I have done Risk and compliance roles in the past and somehow moved to a Governance of Information Security Role. (inclination, necessity and probably curiosity got the best of me) 

I know the two certifications that I have in mind are not easy ones, however am unable to decide if these are the best ones for me. CRISC is because I would like to further upgrade my knowedge and CGEIT would enhance the Governance. I somehow think this is a good combo...

has anyone here been through a similar situation or possess similar experience that could share with me as to how you went about it? 
I would appreciate any comment or feedback!!

Thank you and stay safe
Vani 

Comments

• Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Under those circumstances I would tackle both if you have the resources to do so - those resources being time and money (you clearly have the time lol). 

You can review the exam outline for both on the ISACA website and if you feel the content aligns with your expertise then go for it. I am a big fan of tackling multiple exams from the same provider back to back because there tends to be content overlap. That was my experience with CISM and CISA.

I just started a risk management role last month so if you go the CRISC route I might be joining you soon :smile:
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    Eagle75799Eagle75799 Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey Vani, nice to meet you. Given your situation, I think pursuing both makes sense. I have CRISC, and CGEIT is on my radar in the next year or two. That said, if you have experience then both of them is the same study method IMHO; use the Q&A Databases. If you can only pursue one, based on your current role with Governance I'd say CGEIT. But both are valuable I believe.