Options

Logo on resume

fualkerfualker Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
Where would it be a good idea to use the MCSA logo, on the resume or cover letter or both. I was thinking that it would not look professional on the resume but the cover letter might be a good place. Has anyone used this with any success? Or should I just stay away from it?

Comments

• Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    hmmm, well I think the resume is actually the better place to use it, but if you want to use it on the cover letter I would opt to put it below my signature.

Perhaps someone else has put their logo on the resume.
  • Options
    seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
    Here is a link to a resume from a fellow techexams' forum member. I book marked it when he posted it because i liked the clean look and layout.

http://www.anthonydanna.com/main/resume.htm

Anthony I apolagize for posting without your permission, but seeing as how you have posted it on here before I didn't think you would mind.
  • Options
    jpeezy55jpeezy55 Member Posts: 255
    I have used logos on my resume (A+ and Microsoft logos) and I just put them right under my Certifications/Memberships heading and then listed the certs and memberships (hence the heading name icon_lol.gif ) right underneath them.

They definitely grab someone's attention when they just glance at resume after resume...it's a nice eye-catcher and is almost instantly recognized.

Good Luck! :D
    Tech Support: "Ok, so your monitor is not working, the screen is blank, and no matter what you do it stays blank? Do you see that button on the bottom right hand side just below the screen? Press it. . . . Great, talk to you next time!"
  • Options
    12thlevelwarrior12thlevelwarrior Member Posts: 302
    i dig logo on resume.
    Every man dies, not every man really lives.
  • Options
    dagger1xdagger1x Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just a slight critique on that resume. In the work experience section he lists his experiences in past tense, provided, monitored, preformed as if he left the experience there. I would write those sections in the present tense as if they are skills i possess
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dagger1x wrote:
    Just a slight critique on that resume. In the work experience section he lists his experiences in past tense, provided, monitored, preformed as if he left the experience there. I would write those sections in the present tense as if they are skills i possess

in my opinion it has to be in past tense as your no longer with the company performing those tasks for them. if these are skills still used list them in the skills section of your resume

for more references check the post on resume stuff

http://techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15164
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons