Options

OSPF/EIGRP/BGP on BSCI?

MrDMrD Member Posts: 441
I've been reading on the BSCI exam and notice that a hell of a lot more time is spent on OSPF & BGP over anything else. Are these the 2 things I should focus on the most? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Routing protocols to study are RIP,RIPv2,EIGRP,OSPF,ISIS,BGP,ODR there are no shortcuts,this is not an easy exam and any of these can apear.The biggest problem you will have is learning the slight difference between these protocols.Even though IGRP isnt on the list you will probably study it too.
    OSPF is the largest section but any of these protocols can be hit harder than the other,in my exam i would say they were all equal, read the other past threads as different people with hit harder with certain protocols than others.
    For me Cisco is about routing number one, if you cant understand the routing protocols there isnt much hope,so put the time in on the exam and it will pay off in the future.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    MrDMrD Member Posts: 441
    Ok, great. Thanks for the response. I have no problem learning as much about all of them as possible, which I wanted to do in the first place. Just wondering if they were equally applicable on the exam. Thanks!
  • Options
    wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    NDA

I wouldnt worry about how much the exam focus on each part. If you print out the Exam objectives and go throught those that will put it in perspective for you. Also If you are using Goughs Exam certification guide you will notice that it has a couple of chapeters and many pages on OSPF but only a handfull of pages on ISIS. This doesnt mean ignore ISIS but from the objectives you can see what you need to know.
    BSCI is the bread and butter of the industry, doing what is needed for the exam wont do you in the long run, my advice make sure you not only know it but UNDERSTAND it to.

Good luck
    icon_cool.gif
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.