Options

How to decide between AWS and Azure for getting started with cloud architecture and security

Cyb0rgdillyCyb0rgdilly Member Posts: 55 ■■■□□□□□□□
edited January 2022 in Cloud Security & IoT
I am interested to begin a career in Cybersecurity and have narrowed my interests to:
Security, and Architecture paths.

Then I learned the two broader certs to pursue are:
Microsoft: Azure Fundamentals
or, AWS: Cloud Practitioner

I also selected these two because the coursework is free. I can pay for books and exams but would rather go the free route because I have no income coming in right now.

Questions:
Which of the two certifications is the broadest entry if applying for jobs?

Which certification is the broadest benefit to have in the longer course of a career?

About how many hours generally will it take to complete one of the above certification exams if putting in 6 hours per say every day of studying? (Generally, your guess)

What study materials are needed for the above certifications? Is it all online for free? What websites?

Also I am completely confused reading posts saying so many different certifications to pursue for Cybersecurity: CCNA, CCSK, CCSP, CISSP, and the list seems to just go on forever.

What path should an entry level Cybersecurity person go? I am currently unemployed and seeking entry level work that will lead into a Cybersecurity career.

I have spent so much time just trying to figure out what certification path to take. I just want to get started and land a job and start adding credentials to my resume.

Thank you in advance for your comments!