Options

Provisionally passed CRISC on 5-Feb

2»

Comments

• Options
    SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    edited May 2022
    From the ISACA candidate guide : Five (5) or more years of experience in IS/IT audit, control, assurance, or security. Experience waivers are available for a maximum of three (3) years.

It is not only 5 years of IS/IT audit.. general security work too. 
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,565 Mod
    JDMurray said:
     The reason is to have CISA on your resume to impress some future hiring manager or satisfy a job recruiter's checklist.  ;)

that's true specially if someone doesn't have a lot of experience so the cert might help them stand out

@UnixGuy - Then you could question the value of any ISACA, ISC2, or other credentials with those type of requirements. I believe doing certain certs after years of experience is logical as the learning compliments (but not always mimics) what one has learned on the job. 

well yes, but the content of CISSP is at least a little bit advanced, CISA's objectives look entry-levelish , but yeah I guess it can help someone on their resume

Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    edited June 2022

well yes, but the content of CISSP is at least a little bit advanced, CISA's objectives look entry-levelish , but yeah I guess it can help someone on their resume

Imagine.. ISACA have released a certificate for cybersecurity audit that dont require any experience. 

https://www.isaca.org/credentialing/cybersecurity-audit-certificate

IMO, CISA is not really difficult, mostly a vocabulary exam. 

• Options
    I received my score this morning. Not bad, 450 was needed. At least I scored better where I was expecting it, and I was not as prepared that I am usually. So I am happy of my result. 

NameScore
    Information Security Governance512
    Information Risk Management and Compliance512
    Information Security Program Development and Management598
    Information Security Incident Management598

• Options
    DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats on passing the exam!