Options

Taking Linux + next week, any advice on test

remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
Hey guys , im taking the Linux + test next week. Any advice on what was the hardest things you encountered on the test. I have been studying for a while, and now I am down to the last week and I am cramming. Two books, Linux+ 2005 in depth and Sybex Linux+, but the second edition, not the newest one. I have had that book for a while, plus this one seems to cover stuff not covered in the In Depth book. I have also made flash cards. Any extra advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Gennosuke HIGAKIGennosuke HIGAKI Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Dear remyforbes777

Review posts in this Linux+ Forum
    Read through http://rute.2038bug.com/index.html.gz

I remember my having seen not so latest technologies, for instance, like meticulous issues on X, KDE or GNOME. 70% are basic and the rests are applied or tricky questions.

Before your test begins, calm down and trust yourself

Looking forward to an auspicious news

Good luck
  • Options
    rbutturinirbutturini Member Posts: 123
    Know your servers, and which config files to modify to do what...Also know LOTS about manipulating text files from the command line. The test isn't that bad, but requires a lot of nit picky detailknowledge.
  • Options
    remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
    Thanks, I have been cramming like crazy for this test. I am going to review manipulating text files again tonight as well as iptables. I will let you all know tomorrow how the test went. I take it at 10:30 a.m. EST.