Options

configuration problem

alimoealimoe Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm working on practice lab configuring two routers... I'm pinging unsucessfully from both routers....

Lab_A Lab_B

e0 192.2.2.1 e0 204.2.2.2
s0 201.5.5.1 s0 201.5.5.6

I did show int... every interface in operational... I did a show ip route and it showed networks were properly connected.. I set the clock rate on the dce in Lab_A.... I take my test tomorrow morning.. and what time to run in to trouble...I'm only pinging successfully on the interfaces within the router not across.. I can't ping at all from Lab_A to Lab_B. I've checked my configuration over and over again... Someone please help??

Comments

• Options
    djjitdjjit Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Did you check the encapsulation type on the interfaces? Dissimilar interfaces cannot communicate, but I think they could still ping (not sure). Have you assigned a routing protocol such as RIP, advertising the networks on all interfaces?
  • Options
    djjitdjjit Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Alimoe, don't panic. By the sound of things you're doing it right, it could be something quite minor that you've ignored or not taken into account. Just take it easy & you'll be right. Let us know the good news tomorrow. Good Luck, bud.